Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clearing her head

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

Erm..basically my girlfriend has told me shes going to stop at her dads for the weekend to clear her head. Her ex has messed it up big time and she wants to sort things out for herself.
Shes told me she does really like me and she does want to be with me, but i cant imagine what she'd be thinking about if it wasnt weather or not to stay with me..

Suggestions on a postcard to...

thanks

icey x

Comments

• Options
    Re: Clearing her head
    Originally posted by icey
    Hi,

Erm..basically my girlfriend has told me shes going to stop at her dads for the weekend to clear her head. Her ex has messed it up big time and she wants to sort things out for herself.
    Shes told me she does really like me and she does want to be with me, but i cant imagine what she'd be thinking about if it wasnt weather or not to stay with me..

Suggestions on a postcard to...

thanks

icey x

Hrm, you're too vague here. We need details. How long have the pair of you been going out?

This would affect any opinions from me, if she were settled and things were getting a little uncomfortable for her - it could be commitment issues/trust issues, etc.

If it's a new thing, she might feel that it's something to do with her freedom being invaded.

Don't pressurise her any way possible, no matter how hard you much you want to talk to her - she might see this as interferance.

Leave her alone for a few days without any contact, if she contacts you, well great! But let her know you're here, willing to give her the space without cornering her into any decisions she doesn't want to make.

The time apart might also strengthen things between you both, appreciation for each other might grow more than before.

Just take it easy, remind her you're there. Enjoy the time to yourself.
  • Options
    err..just ignore my post, i over reacted slightly it seems.
    Shes reasured me that she does want to be with me and she really likes me. shes just a bit scared of letting herself fall in love with me because the last time that happend she got her heart broken :(
    Thanks for the reply anyway :)