Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having Relatives Staying with You

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two weeks ago our doorbell rang at like 9pm, we answered and it was my Aunt, her husband and two kids from Kenya.

We totally had no idea they were coming over.

Now we've seen them almost every single day since they've been here and the two boys ages 16 and 18 have been sleeping here almost every single night.

Today finally they've gone out to dinner and will be staying somewhere else.

They're still around in the UK for 2 more weeks and it's been so tiring entertaining them, taking them places, etc.

Anyoen else ever had unexpected relatives come to stay?

Comments

• Options
    no but we took a homeless canadian into our house for two weeks, it really seems strange wen you see a stranger walk out of your toliet all the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    no but we took a homeless canadian into our house for two weeks, it really seems strange wen you see a stranger walk out of your toliet all the time.

That sounds like the kind of thing my mum does. We even had people in tents in the garden. :/
  • Options
    Re: Having Relatives Staying with You
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Two weeks ago our doorbell rang at like 9pm, we answered and it was my Aunt, her husband and two kids from Kenya.

We totally had no idea they were coming over.

Sorry, but wasnt that abit rude?? Never had that happen to me, but i bet it'd be wierd when they left :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Having Relatives Staying with You
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    Sorry, but wasnt that abit rude??

Not to mention a bit strange. It's not like they could claim they were just passing and thought they'd drop in! It virtually takes a full military expedition to get my family here, and they only have to come from Salisbury. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Having Relatives Staying with You
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    Sorry, but wasnt that abit rude?? Never had that happen to me, but i bet it'd be wierd when they left :)

Actually I should explain they planned to stay with my uncle's cousin. So they weren't going to stay at our place, but the boys don't like it over there. They don't like their uncle's wife or kids and our house has Broadband and Sky Tv so they're happier here.

It was supposed to be a big surprise which was very nice to see them after not having seen them for about 2 years, but also a bit of a strain and real shake up to our normal routine. Like we didn't have any spare beds for the boys so we had to make up some beds on the floor in the living room for them to sleep in.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Having Relatives Staying with You
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Actually I should explain they planned to stay with my uncle's cousin. So they weren't going to stay at our place, but the boys don't like it over there. They don't like their uncle's wife or kids and our house has Broadband and Sky Tv so they're happier here.

It was supposed to be a big surprise which was very nice to see them after not having seen them for about 2 years, but also a bit of a strain and real shake up to our normal routine. Like we didn't have any spare beds for the boys so we had to make up some beds on the floor in the living room for them to sleep in.

oh right, ok, well that makes abit more sense! Bet your whole world was turned upside down for the last week or so then?