Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

programme about BNP on BBC1 now

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
see them for the thick cunts that they are

Comments

• Options
    i can't believe that some people have them pre-concieved ideas, hear the person talking about immigrants, if it wasn't for immigrants we wouldn't have a health system and he says the country is ruined because of them, they really don't know what they are talking about
  • Options
    all mouth and no trousers most of 'em
  • Options
    Am I the only person who thinks the guy saying he was the guy who really kicked the shit out of the Asian guy is lying to look big and hard in front of his Nazi friends?
  • Options
    BNP are rascists shock!

Next week they reveal the pope is a Catholic!

Those BNP bastards are scum, total scum
  • Options
    well hopefully they'll lock some of them up and throw away the key, that'll set their crackpot party back a few years.......griffin was on c4 news defending himself earlier as well, small-minded prick.
  • Options
    I think it says enough about them that they call people 'muppets' in the articles on their website. How can anyone with half a braincell take them seriously?
  • Options
    Im watching Newsnight, that nick Griffin is fucking scum.
  • Options
    Thats all true but I bet that Journalist, went looking for the stupidst most ignorant idiot that he could find plied him with drink, and wound him up with fawning questioning, and pretending to be impressed in the hope he could get the dickhead to say things like that, it worked as well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Iknowyourmum
    Thats all true but I bet that Journalist, went looking for the stupidst most ignorant idiot that he could find plied him with drink, and wound him up with fawning questioning, and pretending to be impressed in the hope he could get the dickhead to say things like that, it worked as well.

fair point, but, if it wasn't the journo doing it for tv would it be his mate doing it for real and then they go out and attempt to do it for real

not that I saw the programme, though.
  • Options
    BNP are racist shock.

What the BBC are strangely quiet about is how the poor Asian victim was also jailed for affray, and was asking for a beating.

C'est la vie.
  • Options
    It didn't tell us anything we didn't already know although (amazingly) I was shocked at Nick Griffin's paranoid outburst against Islam and the BBC on Newsnight considering the BNP usually carefully word anything that goes out to the public.

I can't help but feel Griffin is deliberately trying to get himself imprisoned under the new laws which as far as I know are not law yet anyway :confused: to become some sort of martyr, like a rather famous Austrian.

I bet he takes in a wad of paper and a pen too.......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    I can't help but feel Griffin is deliberately trying to get himself imprisoned under the new laws

Of course he is. Freedom of speech and all that.

The trouble only is that Griffin, as with all extremists, do actually have a good point somewhere underneath all the hatred.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Of course he is. Freedom of speech and all that.

The trouble only is that Griffin, as with all extremists, do actually have a good point somewhere underneath all the hatred.

Didn't he go to Cambridge or something?

I will never understand why the BNP, extreme Muslims and other extremists spend their entire lives hating others. What a waste.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    I will never understand why the BNP, extreme Muslims and other extremists spend their entire lives hating others. What a waste.

It's the oldest trick in the political book.

One gains political ground by blaming a weak group for all thwe problems around- in this country it is the Muslims and the Romanies who get it in the neck, in the Arab world it is the American infidels who have caused it all.

Divide and rule. It's the only way to do it.
  • Options
    In a rush today given it's Susie's leaving day (and if you haven't said goodbye get up to Anything Goes and wave her off in the sticky) but I just wondered what people thought about the BNP's fears over the Redwatch site - very revealing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Divide and rule. It's the only way to do it.

Certainly worked for Hitler...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    Didn't he go to Cambridge or something?

And....? Intelligence and morality don't go hand in hand.

My dad used to be part of the CRE and I've grown up reading articles and private investigations into the BNP, I've always wondered why, if they can have them privately for race relations investigations, they don't go public with them. Finally they have, let's hope it has the desired effect.

I'm quite concerned about this Andy bloke though - does anyone know if he's going to have some form of protection from now on? Can't imagine the BNP heavies are going to be too chuffed with him.......
  • Options
    There's been plenty.
  • Options
    what are you trying to say? There's been hundreds of documentries on Islamic extremism and the reason the BBC showed this is because they had a man undercover who caught them saying stuff explicitly racist destroying the myth that the BNP are a mainstream party moving away from their racist heratige.
  • Options
    I wanted to bloody watch this, forgot that it was on :(.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    err I think most people knew what the BNP were like. Just the reviews out on the BBC. I also already knew all this stuff. Why tell us again?

Has there been loads of documentaries into Islamic Extremism into young Muslim lads?

I think because the BNP were trying to promote themselves as a respectable party that uninformed people were not seeing this side of them. I think that is what the BBC was trying to achieve.
  • Options
    I don't think that programme told anyone what they didn't already know. I don't think the BBC should have given an hours airtime to a party which in the main, gains few votes.

No doubt there will have been people who watched the programme and agreed with some of the sentiments. Just ignore them.