Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Incest...again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, let me start off by saying, I really lost interest in this topic. But, I having pride, have no choice but to post another one.

Incest, meaning to have sexual contact with a family member. This, in our society, is saw as wrong. This, by law, is saw as wrong.

Maybe there's a reason for this being compltely repremanded by the rest of the world.

Well, yes, there is. society and it's way of differenciating ANYONE who is not the same. By law it is wrong, ONLY beacuse of the children being disformed. That's inbreeding, not incest.

So, although I disagree with incest, I find myself loooking for a reason as to why I do. I tried this before and got the ass flamed off myself. This itself, I think, shows when the word incest is brought up, people simply think "BAD, BAD"

So, my reasons for saying incest is not wrong (I can't argue something like this to be right, but many things we do aren't.) are the following...

Incest damages only the people involved, and yes you may say it devides a family. Incest isn't the only thing that'll do that, many things divide families.

I have to factual evidadance that incest is not wrong, because it's not something you can back up with facts. I mean, it really feels like I would have to defend the whole, sex for pleasure not for babies issue. And, although that's not wrong, you can hardly say it's right now can you?

You can't say incest is right, because it doesn't help or benefit anyone but the parties involved. And, for it to be right, surely it would have to be something that would be doing a selfless act of some sort.

I am not asking you to agree with incest, only to argue against it. Which, when I read other peoples arguements really angered me, simply to there complete ignorance. I respect people have opinions, just don't expect me to respect opinions I strongly disagree with.

So, incest. Is it wrong to love a brother or sister sexually? An arguement such as, "No, because you shared the same whom" just isn't valid. Simply becasue sharing the same womb only makes it wrong in opinion.

An arguement such as, it divides families, in my opinion, is invalid. Simply because, incest wouldn't divide families if it were socially acceptable. So, in actual fact, it's society's beliefs that divide families.

An arguement such as, it's the law, is invalid in my eyes. Simply because, many laws, in the past, have been changed because the people who make the laws, just like us are humans and make mistakes. Some laws, like in Iraw are ludacris, so you cannot say because it is law. Also, I believe the law is ONLY about vaginal penetration. And, the reason for this law is to stop inbred babies, different subject.

That is really all I have to say. I do realise that in the last topic I was pretty immature, but please do take in to consideration I was suffering from severe peepee burn :crazyeyes and I loose my temper easy (like many 16 year olds), and when comments as appauling and prejudice as the one Kermit made about Glasgow on a whole, being full of tossers, simply anger me. It's just very immature and he, inparticuarly is trying to get a reaction form me, I am not gonna reply to it with more insults. So, if any of you STILL feel raw about it...tell me about it somewhere else. Not here, this isn't a forum for hitting out at me. So, as one ground rule of this topic: No name calling.

Thank you, and again, to most people I apogise for my prefuse actions... to most people.

Auf weidersehen.

P.s. Allo, Samael.

P.s.s. I'm not a Glaswegian, so please don't use me as an example of Glasgow.

Yours, the troll ;):p

Comments

• Options
    The is a "simple" argument against incest.

Genetics.

Or more specifically the watering down of the genetic pool.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    The is a "simple" argument against incest.

Genetics.

Or more specifically the watering down of the genetic pool.

The Royal Family is a prime example of this watering down! ;)
  • Options
    Spose someone had unprotected sex and the female fell pregers? The childs Genetics would be fucked and cause hereditary anomalies.

If incest was legal then I think it would lead to more sexual abuse with in a family. Sexual relationships are best kept out of the family because they are immoral and can cause all sorts of complications.
  • Options
    no a dislike of inbreeding is one of the few things that is frowned upon in every corner of globe, its cause nature makes us see related offspring as wrong to reproduce, as its bad for the genepool

its been a known fact that inbreeding increases chance of deformed children even in unscientific cultures

i cant name many animals that practice regular inbreeding, there more animals that practice gay sex than inbreeding i believe
  • Options
    Thanks for your opinions dudes. But, may I just add, to stop this slidin' offtopic. It's about incest, just the act. Not inbreeding.

Thank ya, thank ya
  • Options
    well youre on about having sex with a sibling.....

that is just wrong as there is usually one in a position of power, and secondly, families jsut dont have sex, otherwise older brothers wuld be hitting on their 13yr old sisters!!!

it just a un-natural and in the majority of case, a lack of informed consent....

cant be compared to homosexuality either which is legal because they are both consenting adults
  • Options
    I think its wrong for someone to want to have sex with a Sister/Brother. I cannot get my head round why people do it, how can you be sexually attracted to a family member ?

Its just not right and I would be curious as to wether its normally the male who hits onto the female and if that is the case is it a power thing ? I dunno :confused:

However although I dont agree with it if they are two consenting adults then its their lives, let them get on with it. The more you tell someone not to do it and tell them its wrong they will do it more just to prove a point.
  • Options
    Here we have the prime example of the forward movement of liberal thinking. If I was to simply say that there was a simple argument against homosexuality - AIDS, everyone would simply point to the fact that hetrosexuals can also contract AIDS although less likely. Isnt it also true that hetrosexuals can also have genetic diseases.
  • Options
    cant be compared to homosexuality either which is legal because they are both consenting adults

I AGAIN ASK WHY CAN INCEST NOT BE BETWEEN CONSENTING ADULTS ALSO?

they are immoral

Who says what is moral and immoral in our society? Liberals?

I think its wrong for someone to want to have sex with a Sister/Brother. I cannot get my head round why people do it, how can you be sexually attracted to a family member ?

How can someone be attracted to another person the same sex?!

there is usually one in a position of power

Usually does not always mean always surely?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rocksteady

there can be consenting incest (I think brookside had a story line about it [but I don't watch soaps, not being a chav -- ops wrong topic])

however allowing such a thing is would open terrible possibilities of abuse, the power relationships in families are... interesting.

I certtainly wouldn't want a father to be able to argue that sex with his 16 year old daughter (regardless of wether he was the biological father) was consensual when he might have spent the last 6 years 'grooming' the daughter.

I wouldn't like a girl to argue that it was consensual when she has an arrangement with her brother that he eats her out once a week and she doen't tell her mum she caught him experimenting with david from next door.

So we disadvantage the very few legitimate cases to increase the protection to the majority. Just the same as we do with teacher/pupil and other such situations that are open to abuse
  • Options
    Here we have the prime example of the forward movement of liberal thinking. If I was to simply say that there was a simple argument against homosexuality - AIDS, everyone would simply point to the fact that hetrosexuals can also contract AIDS although less likely. Isnt it also true that hetrosexuals can also have genetic diseases.

What the hell are you on about? :confused:
  • Options

they are immoral

Who says what is moral and immoral in our society? Liberals?

How can someone be attracted to another person the same sex?!

there is usually one in a position of power

Usually does not always mean always surely?

Again, what the fuck? :confused:
  • Options
    "allowing such a thing is would open terrible possibilities of abuse" And as the liberals would say who are you to judge if their consenusal relationship was abusive?
  • Options
    "allowing such a thing is would open terrible possibilities of abuse" And as the liberals would say who are you to judge if their consenusal relationship was abusive?
    consensual relationships are not abusive. I believe you mean "judge if their relationship was consensual or abusive'

Nobody, and that's why it should be banned for everyone, penalizing the few to protect the many.
  • Options
    So lets penalise the few gays to protect the many from AIDS?
  • Options
    Have you taken leave of your senses? You're not making any sense.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Have you taken leave of your senses? You're not making any sense.

Yes he is, but in a clumsy way.

The argument I think he's putting forward is that genetic deformity carried increased risks for incestuous relationships. HIV rates are higher withing the homosexual community.

Therefore, if Incest is outlawed because of the risk factor, why isn't homosexuality.

I understand the argument, I just don't agree.
  • Options
    Originally posted by J
    Yes, but surely genetics is a relatively new discovery?

Detailed scientific understanding maybe "new" but the whole concept has been understood for a long time. Just not a "genes"...
  • Options
    rocksteady your argument about aids is a bad one as there is a simple way to stop spreading it, condoms, and amongst the gay community, rates per 1000 are going down gradually as it was mainly in the 80s it spread amongst gay community and only affected a few heterosexual people

nowadays though, its young heterosexual adults spreading it,as its quickly growing amongst them and the per 1000 rate is increasing quickly

in africa, whose spreading it, heterosexual people mainly, are you saying africans shouldnt be allowe to have sex, personally i say promote condoms better
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Yes he is, but in a clumsy way.

The argument I think he's putting forward is that genetic deformity carried increased risks for incestuous relationships. HIV rates are higher withing the homosexual community.

Therefore, if Incest is outlawed because of the risk factor, why isn't homosexuality.

I understand the argument, I just don't agree.

Its a totally rubbish argument. Incestous relationships are more often than not based on an abuse of a power relation within a family. Homosexual relationships are not. Homosexual sex does not necessarily lead to HIV infection. HIV is in fact quite hard to catch. Heterosexuals can catch HIV, so can IV drug users who share works, people can get it through unscreened blood transfusions.

Rocksteady's argument makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Its a totally rubbish argument. Incestous relationships are more often than not based on an abuse of a power relation within a family.
    I think I was reasonably clear in making this point, so with a tiny modification, I agree with you:
    Rocksteady [...] makes no sense at all.
  • Options
    To be disgusted by the act of incest is hard wired in to the brains of virtually every living thing on the planet.
    Since the dawn of time we have known that there is something "wrong" with having sex with your relatives, it's only recently that we have discovered why.

Think of it as nature's answer to protecting against copying.
    Take the originals, say me and my imaginary sister.
    We are perfect in terms of genetics.
    If you make a copy of us, in the same way you would a video tape, the copy is slightly degraded.
    If you copy the copy, ie if the offspring reproduce the result is even more degraded than the first.

Many people can't explain why they hate incest, they just do. Like I said, nature has made us think of it as a disgusting act, the few who do partake in it, can be quite rightly labelled as genetic miscreants.:p
  • Options
    metaphor steeeeeeeetching
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    To be disgusted by the act of incest is hard wired in to the brains of virtually every living thing on the planet.
    no it isn't - salmon returning to the same lakes that they spawned from
    If you make a copy of us, in the same way you would a video tape, the copy is slightly degraded.
    If you copy the copy, ie if the offspring reproduce the result is even more degraded than the first.

that is bad science. that is Star Trek science

On a DVD, the same information is recorded on the disc in multiple places around the disk, if you get a single radial scratch on a DVD it will play normally. It is only when you get enough damage at the same distance from the center of a DVD that you start to get skipping.

DNA largely works like that. We get two whole copies of the how to be a person blueprint. When mummy and daddy get together for a burning romp they do something a bit weird. Each of them goes throughtheir DVD and tosses a coin for each VOB, chosing which of the two copies on their DVD to use. ONCE they've done that the two of them put their half empty files together to make a new disk image.

now, if Daddy gets a scratch on his DVD it doesn't matter, because his player shows him the other VOB.

When him and Mummy get their duplicating rig out, half of the dvds they make may have the damaged VOB on, but it doesn't matter because when the new DVD is played, the player will just the vob that came from mummy. If they make 2 DVDs, there is a 1 in 4 chance that they will both have Daddys damaged VOB. these two 'child' DVDs get together, and they both have the damaged VOB there is a 1 in 4 chance that a DVD made from them will have both bad copies and will be unplayable.

now, there is a chance that actually, that scratch on daddys dvd cuts the boring bit out on the film, so there is the slight chance thst this incest might actuall bring us an improved version
  • Options
    no incest increases chance of recessive genes showing themselves due to increased chance of both siblings carryning them

and its tends to be recessive genes that have neagtive effect, hence the legend of the village idiot
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    no incest increases chance of recessive genes showing themselves due to increased chance of both siblings carryning them

the stronger risk of inbreeding is that spontaneous mutations stand a chance of meeting themselves. long term, inbreeding reduces the incidence of harmful recessives.
  • Options
    if it was a gud fing our bodies wuld stop making us think it was so disgusting

why do people have to go against what nature tells them to do
  • Options
    I have many points.

First.
    Incest resulting in pregnacy is extremly dangerous for the child. True genetics is relativly recent. But it only explains the problem it doesn't change the observations made. Saying genetics is recent dicovery making the problem recent, is like saying flu didn't exist until we new about viral infection. Which is clearly rubbish.

Second.
    Comparing this to AIDS is a bit rubbish in my opinion. Suggesting that incest can be treated as the same as a homosexual couple is just not comparable. Firstly, AIDS is no longer restricted to the gay community, and second homosexual sex will not result in a child. Where as however careful you are incestual sex may well do

Third.
    We are conditioned not to find our relatives sexually attractive by society. If you had a long lost brother or sister, and met that without knowing your kinship you may find this physically attractive because you a lacking the inbuilt revulsion to that sort of connection with your own blood.

Forth.
    Incest allows for a loophole in sexual abuse within a family. People can have their own thoughts and feelings twisted over time so as they are confused about what they actually feel. And if there is this massive loophole about allowing a intra-family sexual relationship various abuse victims will go unnoticed and unfought for.

Sorry, have talked alot.