Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reaction to lube!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my b/f went out and bought this from anne summers, however it seems his bits have had a small reaction to it!
He says the head of his bits feel abit itchy+sore. It stung when it touched him, but it just felt cool against my skin, and there is now a small amount of redness :eek2:
Has anybody else experienced this with this, or any other, lube?? If so, what did you do? this is the 1st time we've used lube - shall we try KY?? The redness has gone down now, but its still annoying as we cant use it :mad:
thanx
SBG

Comments

• Options
    I think you should PM Zella. :p
  • Options
    I'd NEVER use any lubricant other than Liquid Silk or Ky Jelly. These have been patented to ensure most people can use them. Ann Summer's is too gimmicky I reckon - therefore not really all that much time would have been taken to test it thoroughly as Ky has been about the joint for yeaaaaaaaars.

Get your lad to the FPA for a bit of cream. :yes: And ask him to pick up a few sachets of Liquid Silk! Sorted! :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    I'd NEVER use any lubricant other than Liquid Silk or Ky Jelly. These have been patented to ensure most people can use them. Ann Summer's is too gimmicky I reckon - therefore not really all that much time would have been taken to test it thoroughly as Ky has been about the joint for yeaaaaaaaars.

Get your lad to the FPA for a bit of cream. :yes: And ask him to pick up a few sachets of Liquid Silk! Sorted! :thumb:

well, that makes alot of sense when its put that way - thank you V much :thumb:
    Also, is FPA family planning?? Sorry, just cant remember! Can you get liquid silk from there, and if not, where can you buy it??
    Gonna look at zella's post now, completely 4got she'd posted it, lol :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    well, that makes alot of sense when its put that way - thank you V much :thumb:
    Also, is FPA family planning?? Sorry, just cant remember! Can you get liquid silk from there, and if not, where can you buy it??
    Gonna look at zella's post now, completely 4got she'd posted it, lol :rolleyes:

Yeah Family Planning Association.

The one I go to - to get my depo jag - offers them by the handful, wee sachets. You can get KY and Liquid Silk from anywhere really, Safeway, Superdrug, Boots, Semi Chem..etc.
  • Options
    Yeah Family Planning Association.

The one I go to - to get my depo jag - offers them by the handful, wee sachets. You can get KY and Liquid Silk from anywhere really, Safeway, Superdrug, Boots, Semi Chem..etc.

:lol: just had the idea of me walking into my family planning place with a big bag+demanding free condoms+lube :lol: I may pop in later on and ask about it, i dunno if you have to make an appointment or what :confused: cos ive never been into one b4
    Ive seen KY in loadsa places, but never liquid silk- il have to look harder next time :yes:
    How much is liquid silk aswell??
    SBG
    also, just looked at zella's post+its mostly about her writing a letter of complaint to boots, lol :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by spongebobsgirl
    :lol: just had the idea of me walking into my family planning place with a big bag+demanding free condoms+lube :lol: I may pop in later on and ask about it, i dunno if you have to make an appointment or what :confused: cos ive never been into one b4
    Ive seen KY in loadsa places, but never liquid silk- il have to look
    How much is liquid silk aswell??
    SBG

Just go in! Mine's has a drop in service running 9am - 11am, just say you and your boyfriend are having difficulty with him entering you as you have body issues, and you need a little help.

Look up your local one on Google or phone NHS Direct and they should locate you. It's ALL confidential, however I'd put your details down just incase you have any worries in later life. It's all free, their treatment, so I'd use it as much as possible. :)

I'm not too sure about prices, I'd google it on the UK find option it for Liquid Silk. I'm sure most sex websites'd have it..I'll have a nosy.
  • Options
    Here.. and here which is quite good as I've heard Astroglide is fancy and plus you're getting Liquid Silk in it as well for under a tenner. Free P+P! Marv.
  • Options
    Here.. and here which is quite good as I've heard Astroglide is fancy and plus you're getting Liquid Silk in it as well for under a tenner. Free P+P! Marv.

ive heard astroglide is very good for anal sex+we use it for that sometimes. that's a great deal+i get paid on friday :thumb: think il pop into my FP in abit though, il let you know what they say :yes:
  • Options
    Remember to make sure any lube is water-based not oil-based, children, or else the latex in condoms will disintegrate.

KY is the best, and it is very cheap. Why go for anything with a poncy name when that works fine?
  • Options
    what is it with dodgy lube these days....

why switch from KY anyway!? :D
  • Options
    I'm still a probe fan
  • Options
    Another good lube, more liquidy than jelly like, is Durex's Sensilube. An ex had a bit of a dry problem every now and again, and that would do the trick.
  • Options
    ok well i went to the clinic near me yesterday and this is wot the conversation with the receptionist went:

Me: hi, id like some information about your family planning
    service - do i have to make an appointment?

Receptionist: well we run appointments tomo afternoon from 1:30 til 3, what is it you want??

Me: just some information really

Her: well would you like to make an appointment, or just drop in

me: can i just drop in tomo???

her: yeah, that's fine

Thing is though, i dont wana drop in and chat to some receptionist woman about getting condoms+lube, and i was quite shy about it. I know i shouldnt be, im 18 for christ sake, so im not underage or anything, its just it was in a busy waiting room, i didnt feel like i could relax :confused:
  • Options
    I hate it when docter receptionists ask whats wrong or what your there for, i mean really its not their job to know!

[/rant]
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    I hate it when docter receptionists ask whats wrong or what your there for, i mean really its not their job to know!

[/rant]

:yes: i now dont want to go, bcos it wasnt her business :mad: id like my boyfriend to come with me, but he doesnt get much time off work, and works like 50hours a week!!!
    Oh well, i get paid on friday+im going shopping, so i guess il look for lube, lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella

[/rant]

They're asking so they can assess how urgent you are usually, but if you don't want to tell them, just say it's personal. After all, they don't know if you've got an ingrowing toenail or something more delicate, do they? :)