Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

torn between two....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

I have recently started speaking to a girl who works at my workplace...over the past couple of months we have been texting, calling quite often. It started of has just friends but the texts become flirty etc etc....

We agreed to go out for a drink which went well.. led to kissing but nothing more & a few more drinks have followed.

I've groan really found off this girl however there is a hitch.... We are from differant religions...she's asian & i'm white. This isnt a major issue to me however my friends do see it as a problem.

My friends are not racist but they do they are tipical 20-25yr olds... I'm not ashmed of going out with this girl however I'm not sure it's going to lead anywhere so is it worth the micky taking & all the eyebrows being raised etc etc.

any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to break this to you mate but if your pals are slagging you off for going out with this girl just because she is Asian, then they are not 'normal' they are racist.
    Why do you think your relationship won't go anywhere? If she was very religious she wouldn't be flirting or drinking or kissing. Just because shes Asian doesn't mean shes very religious. Yes maybe her family won't be happy or maybe it just won't work like lots of relationships but you'll never know until you try. If you like this girl then ignore other peoples narrowmindedness, she could just be perfect for you. Good Luck:)
  • Options
    if they're taking the mickey, then they must have some racist issues, and to be honest, they dont sound worth it! If they were real mates they should be happy for you if you are happy!
    Go for it with this girl, it is worth all the eye-brow raising, but there so called mates aren't worth anything!
    Things may not work, but then again, that's the same with if you liked a girl with the same religion/skin colour as you. good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Your mates shouldn't be the issue here, the girl should. Don't let them get in the way of what you want, and tell them so.
  • Options
    :yes: exactly
  • Options
    Erm who exactly is in control of your life? Because it really should be you not your mates (who sound like they need to get a grip and are probably just lonely jealous gits tbh).
    If you like her where's the problem, these things are always worth a risk or two :) I always find if you do honestly like someone then you don't really tend to give a toss what anyone else thinks.
  • Options
    thanks for the quick replys....

I think i agree with all of you deep down, I think a major factor is if the relationship is going to go anywhere!

She is currently seeing someone on a casual basis which is getting to me, however I've recenlty (6-10 months) have enjoyed the single life...although I feel ready to commit to a relationship again.

anyway only time will tell....
  • Options
    I think you should chat to your mates first and let them know that you really like this bird (if you do) and I'm sure they'll respect that and treat her like they would treat any other friend's girlfriend.