Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How to feel better about myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i have low self asteem as it is and i wanna do something about it.

What kinda diet and exercise could i do to make myself feel better with more energy and as a bonus look better?

I dont smoke, i drink occasionly and i eat a lot of snacks. Its not that im fat or anything because im 5' 8" and a 30in waist so i dont think im fat. I just feel like making myself healthier and maybe get a better looking stomach.

Any advice please??

Thank you loads :)

Comments

• Options
    my brother bought me a bunch fo books for my birthday because I love reading and one of the books he bought me was "Instant Karma" by Barbara Ann Kipfer 8,879 ways to guve yourself and others good fortune right now...Here are a few I think you should try....

-All the happiness in the world comes from thinking of others, all the suffering in the world comes from thinking only of yourself.

-own your moments
    - no matter where you are, you did not get there on your own
    -let go of the desire to always be right
    -dont look to others for answers
    -sing in the shower
    -make the best of your situation
    -do not apologize for what you like to do
    -appreciate everything you have and appreciate the simple and ordinary and very real
    -never question your happiness
    -be kind to yourself
    -find joy by giving it away
    -volunteering helps you feel better about youself
    -do something for helpful for someone and not tell them it was you, this will humble you.
    -shed yourself of past identities
    -concentrate on the solution rather than the problem
    -what matters is how well you live this short life and how well you learn to love
    -let a worry go
    -protect life, practice generosity, behave responsibily, and consume mindfully
    -strive to have light in yourself
    - do small things with great love
    -abandon disturbing thoughts
    -make a list of all the things you know how to do
    -focus on your connection with someone, not on what seperates you
    -tell people what they're doing right, not what they are doing wrong
    -find ways to make a child feel big
    -rekindle friendships
    -accept forgiveness form others
    -when you change your attitudes, you can change your behavoriors, and thus change your karma

:thumb:
  • Options
    Wow that was kinda weird but kinda cool at the same time. Some of them points do make sence and iv never noticed before but would actually work if i used them.

For example:
    "focus on your connection with someone, not on what seperates you"

Lately iv been thinking too much about what one of my best friends is doing to seperate us, maybe i should start pointing out the things that keep us together.

I dont see what this has to do with health but cool thanks :D
  • Options
    Hi there

Pretty much any exercise , so long as you find it fun/ enjoyable enough to do it properly, will get those endorphins going and make you feel more energetic, healthier and confident. However usually it can take at least two weeks of regular (3 times a week) for you to notice these effects. Exercise will help boost your mood and self esteem but there may be other things you can also be doing to help yourself.

Useful Mind booklet on boosting self-esteem

good mood food

Take care,

Susie :)
  • Options
    Thanks susie il try that exercise routine thing. Im not feeling bad or low about myself i just wanna feel more energetic and healthy.

Thanx :)