Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

terrible,terrible,agoninising periods (yeh,i no i can't spell)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
rightey,i started taking the pill with my last period + everything went fine,no huge problems. but this month when i started taking it again,i threw up everywhere,constantly + i've been layed up in bed since thursday (poor cara had to put up with my crabbit-ness :( )
thing is,i'm not sure wether to keep taking the pill or not.i only went on it as a contraceptive,but then the doctor told me how it helps regulate + calm my periods,so i'm like 'wayhey!',my periods are horrendous!although i've never vomited before,if i'm at school that day,i go straight to bed when i get home cos its so bad. am i wrong to expect the pill to calm my periods or is there something amiss here,with all the vomiting?!

cheers mucho xXx

ps: my boyfriends worried it'll make me infertile,can somebody please tell me thats not true?!

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I get really bad pains and ive been back on the pill for about 2months now, the pain has been awful this past week. Im on microgynon. Also the sickness side im sure is a side-effect of the pill? I feel sick constantly since ive gone back on it, never been sick, but have been close.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I get really bad pains and ive been back on the pill for about 2months now, the pain has been awful this past week. Im on microgynon. Also the sickness side im sure is a side-effect of the pill? I feel sick constantly since ive gone back on it, never been sick, but have been close.

whats the dealio with microgynon? is it,like,the default pill? everyone i know's on it!even my mum!(yuk) :yuck:
  • Options
  • Options
    oh. gutted :( i'm not that bad,thankfully!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    whats the dealio with microgynon? is it,like,the default pill? everyone i know's on it!even my mum!(yuk) :yuck:

Yeah, its the one most people get put on when they start. i found it was the best for me anyway, ive had microgynon, celeste and been on the mini-pill.
  • Options
    whats the mini pill?
  • Options
    Nomal pill - can be taken upto 12hours later

Minipill - has to be taken within 3hours.
  • Options
  • Options
    so,u'no how theres a 3 hour window on the mini pill? theres no mention of that on the combined pill,does that mean i have to take the pill at exactly the same time every day?! my doctor said to take it when i wake up,the same time each day,but i wake up all over the place coz i'm not at school just now. soory,i'm asking loadsa questions,can't exactly ask my mum,she aint too happy about me being on it,even though she's taking the same pill.
  • Options
    Aslong as you take it within 12hours you're ok. Im exactly the same, sometimes il take it at 8am other times not til 11am, its cos im not in school now so im waking up at stupid times.
  • Options
    Tink - If you are worried about missing the three hour time slot you may want to consider moving the time you take it to lunchtime or before bed. You can talk this through with one of the following:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334

*chris'_bitch* - As for the pain and throwing up on the pill, if it doesn't go away you should go back to your GP and discuss trying another brand of pill.

Susie :)
  • Options
    so what ur saying,susie,is that i have to go see my doctor before i change the time that i take my pill by a few hours?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    so what ur saying,susie,is that i have to go see my doctor before i change the time that i take my pill by a few hours?!

:no: She's saying if the sickness doesnt stop or the pain, go back to your doctor and he/she can put you on another brand of pill to see if it will cease.