Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Green hair!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone seen green hair colour? Proper green not flourescent stuff you put on for one night. I've been looking around for ages and can only find wash out paint stuff in Superdrug and some 8 washes stuff in Fudge. Is this the only one available or does anyone else know of somewhere I can get some? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    as much as I detest the place, hot topic has great hair colors. They are semi-permanat and smell just delicious too. I bought an awsome green (actually more of a teal)from there a while back and it looked great. They have about 5 shades of green that I can remember.
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmm hot topic....never heard of it before. Do you know if it has a website or something?
  • Options
    ohhhh... I guess I never looked to see if they have international stores :S but here is the green I found on the website, sadly they only have one shade. It does ship internationality. But I guess its just a suggestion, like maybe at similar stores that you would have down there they would sell similar products. http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=276685&RN=192
  • Options
  • Options
    you won't find a good colour that claims to last longer than 8 washes. but with sufficiently bleached hair, it lasts a lot longer than it claims to. my pink lasted 6 months.

directions, stargazer and fudge are the best of the bunch. i found stargazer had the best pink, but i've never been green. you can pick them up in alternative type shops, some piercing places and some hairdressers. ask around.
  • Options
    yeah, i was going to suggest stargazer too...try the "alternative" shops in your town :)
  • Options
    Directions

I've used their reds and blues and they are dead easy to put on, great if you have short hair or are doing streaks cos you don't have to use all the pot at once, and pretty cheap. They do a forest green that I quite fancied. You can buy this and stargazer from most goth/ hippy shops and online no doubt. Ranges from £2 to £6 a pot depending where you look.

Edited to say you have to bleach your hair first though, then it lasts well, esp after 2nd application.

Fudge always looks pretty at first but fades so so quickly.
  • Options
    http://www.manicpanic.com/

i've used their stuff loads and it's great....
  • Options
    Thanks guys I'm gonna take a look at those sites now...I was pink last year but decided to do something a bit different this year, and I can't seem to find the green anywhere so I guess no one around here will have easy access to it either, so I'll be a little different! :D
  • Options
    Both directions and krazy Kolor do green. Ive only used green from krazy kolor so i cant comment on the directions one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i found stargazer had the best pink, but i've never been green.

:yes:

totally agree.spent last summer in stargazer.i didnt bleach my hair before or prelighten it but i managed to make it last 2months :)

you wont find any bright colours with a permenant label on them
  • Options
    if your willing to track one down, Hairdressing wholesalers/warehouses/suppliers have permanent "weird" colours....you'll probably have to trudge around a few places to track it down but they can be found...my friend who is a hairdresser managed to get me some once or twice...i know for your sure you can get reds and blues and purples so maybe greens too....and they are proper permanent dyes.
    If you cant manage to find any, Stargazer all the way...for sure.