Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Down there problems

At present I'm having a bout of thrush. Not nice. Thing is its kinda different from the last time I had it. My clit is sore and sowlen. Im treating the thrish with canisten oral duo. I started treatment last night and I was just wondering how long it will take for it to well....be gone really.

Also, Ive been on for little over 3 weeks now. At fisrt I just assumed it was because I'm on the jab, but 3 weeks is a bit too long init?

Not really sure what I should do. I've been really busy lately and really quite stressed so ive not had time to go to the doctors. I still dont think i'll have the time to go to the doctors till the end of july.

So...yea. If possible can I have a quick reply please as I have work at 10 and need to know what to do before I go. Thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Doesn't your boyfriend need to be checked out as well in case he's got something and might keep reinfecting you even if he's not getting any symptoms?
  • Options
    Yea ive told him that. I'm gonna give him some cream to use tomorrow.
  • Options
    When you've got time, just go down to the doctors just to check its nothing serious :)
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    I'm too late to answer really, sorry.
    Thrush treatments shouldn't take too long to kick in- you should see results within 24 hours.

But it sounds like you need an MOT down there so you MUST make time to get down to your GP for the best treatment. Your period has been on way too long now and if it is thrush you've got then by golly it doesn't sound like a light bout...

*sympathy of the female kind*

And your other half should definitely get himself checked out too.

Try calling NHS direct- this is their thrush factsheet that's got their number on as well.

Ta-ra for now and good luck! K x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    If i'm thinking right the injection has the same hormones which the implant (which im on) does. And the bleeding can last upto three months.

Fuck that! I'm gonna go back on the pill!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Fuck that! I'm gonna go back on the pill!

NOOO! Don't! I did that as I thought the jab was making me well depressed! I did that and I came off the pill, and I had around three periods in a month at least. :|

The jag really mucks up your hormones, and you need to let your body adjust to it. By your second injection, you shouldn't bleed at all.

As for the thrush thing, make sure Lee isn't infected as his wee todger'll be tender just like your wee bean. :(

For the thrush mabob, I'd make sure you wear loose bottoms, cotton pants, etc for the next three-four days so you can breathe a bit, wash with femfresh stuff, and put a tampon dabbed in natural yoghurt in the fridge overnight and wear it overnight the next day. Hopefully that should encourage natural bacteria and such.

Don't scratch either, I know it's a ****, but it's more of a **** when your gina lips crack. Trust me. :|
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    but it's more of a **** when your gina lips crack. Trust me. :|

That sounds nasty!
  • Options
    Shouldnt take long to kick in specially as its Duo. I work in a pharmacy and that stuff sells out big time. Its the best stuff even on prescription to deal with thrush so just keep at it and deffo go to the doctors they'll check everything over and make sure its not something else causing the thrush.
  • Options

As for the thrush thing, make sure Lee isn't infected as his wee todger'll be tender just like your wee bean. :(

So what? Do I just get him to put the thrush cream on his todger?
  • Options
    Ok so I used the duo thingy last night, my actual erm....hole dont hurt anymore and theres not itching, not discharge or nuttin. But my clit is still sore and itchy..is it worth getting another canisten cream?
  • Options
    Nah, I'd just say that got more irritated and you need to ride it out.

As for Lee, I'd get him to take the oral once tablet, dunno bout the cream working for him. I think the cream's designated for women only..?
  • Options

As for Lee, I'd get him to take the oral once tablet, dunno bout the cream working for him. I think the cream's designated for women only..?

Nope, it isn't. Men can use it too (and yes, he should, just on the end). I even got prescribed it for a rash on my baby's face once.