Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Changing moods

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Changing moods

Something weird has happened lately, all my moods have been changing… one second I am happy and the next I am a moody **** and I know I am but I can’t seem to shift the mood I cant control it and I want to but I don’t know how. All I can end up doing is burying my head in a book and try and forget my existence but I cant keep doing it. I don’t want to spend the rest of my life avoiding it, the moment I exit the book or from watching a movie. The moment I have time to think and interact with people I can sense it all again. I can predict when the moods are happening, if it’ll be happy, sad, angry, mad but I cant control and only possess it. I can’t dominate it but I know to go further in life. To succeed I need to be able to control my moods, my thought and my feelings, I know what some people will say, go to the doctors, Go on antidepressants but I hate the blank, dull feeling the cause I don’t want to become reliant on them, I know there a short term solution and I don’t want to use them if I can avoid it,

I’m sorry for my ramblings, I would like to know your thoughts about this,
Again I apologise,

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    it's called hormones....try going for a run every time you have a mood swing, and make sure you have a balanced diet because that can cause mood swings as much as hormones......fish oil is good too.
  • Options
    It sounds like you're either going through some dodgy hormonal spells, or it's the beginnings of being bi-polar.

Look up NHS-Direct about being bi-polar, it sounds familiar as my lad has it. Yours'll be more accenuated because you're still an adolescent and these mood swings will be more heightened until you grow out of puberty.

Either way, look it up on google. :)

You need to channel your moodiness into something productive, like a competitive sport/PC game/etc. You also need to identify the reasons for triggering these mood swings, before you act on anything I reckon.

Good lucl! :thumb:
  • Options
    Thank you,

I got told this is what it could be, thank you so much and I'll look into.

Well I do try play sports but at the moment I got a back problem (operation tomorrow) and I do play games to get it out.. Lots.. but I cant keep doing that..

I will try to find out the trugger,

thank you so much.
  • Options
    ok stupid question but what is Bi-polar
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you and I won't assume anything.

I'll see a doctor asap about it but I'm layed up for 6weeks and will have to do it behind my mothers back so it could be hard but thank you so much people.
  • Options
    The Site has been telling you for six fucking months to see a doctor.

Just go and do it, or shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    Being happy then sad is a symptom common to many depressive illnesses, not just bi-polar disorder. Depression does not necessarily create a permanent morose state, and in many cases the morose state is transient.

Doctors are rather fond of the bi-polar tag at the monent, though. GPs do not know enough about emnatl illness to make any diagnosis, although some are more clued-up than others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The Site has been telling you for six fucking months to see a doctor.

Just go and do it, or shut the fuck up.

sorry Kermit, it must be at least 7 months :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Being happy then sad is a symptom common to many depressive illnesses, not just bi-polar disorder.

and also most anxiety disorders.

and also stress.

and also puberty.

;)
  • Options
    Dont worry, my mood swings are up and down atm, its unbelievable! One min im fine and the next min im all tears! :| Not good.
  • Options
    my ex had bi polar. It was so awful because he would have very extreme highs and then suicidal lows. I'm glad we split even tho it hurt because it was a tough tough time. Not sayin that he wasn;t just a barsteward and he bi polar prob was my excuse for his behaviour.

Have a look at some of the sites off google-esp the forums as i think they could offer you some advice more so than us on here. They helped me with dealin with my ex tho i can't remember the site exactly.
  • Options
    Like others have said it really could be anything from hormones to stress/ anxiety to bipolar but I'd steer clear of labels, especially in one so young.

There are various things that you could try to level out you moods as well, it could simply be a bad diet that is causing them. Mind's booklet of food and mood

You might also want to consider addressing your confidence and self esteem issues:

Mind guide to boosting self esteem

and regular exercise and getting enough sleep will help too.

Then if things still aren't changing talk to your GP.

Take care,

Susie
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie
    Like others have said it really could be anything from hormones to stress/ anxiety to bipolar but I'd steer clear of labels, especially in one so young.

There are various things that you could try to level out you moods as well, it could simply be a bad diet that is causing them. Mind's booklet of food and mood

You might also want to consider addressing your confidence and self esteem issues:

Mind guide to boosting self esteem

and regular exercise and getting enough sleep will help too.

Then if things still aren't changing talk to your GP.

Take care,

Susie

thanks Susie... god your be missed..:(

anyway thanks I've bookmarked the links for me to read when I can..
  • Options
    Do you think my mood swings could be to do with the fact I've stopped selfharming?
  • Options
    sounds like the male equivilent to pms.

and you're like 16 of course you're going to have mood swings, would be more worried if you didnt
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Do you think my mood swings could be to do with the fact I've stopped selfharming?

No.