Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tony Blair

I'd like to big up Tony Blair.

Hes made half a mistake in almost 2 terms in charge.

I'm sick of all this Iraq War nonsense, the fact is that he went to war based on the information that he had. The Tories would have done the same thing - fact.

Top up fees are a good idea.

Education has improved under him. Unemployment has improved and all that jazz.

I love him. If anyone can seriously elect Howard ahead of Blair then I might as well move to Iraq.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *edited for abusive language*
  • Options
    I like Tony Blair too. But people need someone to blame, they need a scapegoat.
  • Options
    I like Tony Blair too

What his namby-pamby accent, he smiles a lot and says sweet FA, he sends out different messages to different voting interests

Oh hahahaha
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    he sends out different messages to different voting interests

Oh hahahaha

and no other politition does that? I am not a fan of Blair myself, hence why I voted Liberal because I do not want to support him because he has gone totally against traditional Labour policies with Top up Fees and Foundation hospitals.
  • Options
    I'd like to kill Anthony Blair, like the war criminal and fascist that he is.
  • Options
    Re: Tony Blair
    Originally posted by Tim Bacon

:lol:

They are such a stupid idea even the Tories weren't going to implement them. Let's rewind to 1997. The Conservatives were contemplating either fees or loans, Bliar comes in and does both. Less Government cash spent on education, more Government cash spent on Blair.

Let's talk about Governmental corruption, in which Bliar has been personally implicated. Howard might be a bit odious, but at least he (and the Conservatives) do not bend Government policy to suit their paymasters. And at least they don't let non-nationals in illegally because of party funding issues. The Conservatives might not be ideal, but they fell on one bit of corruption, and that was a back-bencher. In New Labour the key personnel are all on the take, right up to the very top.

Iraq doesn't even make it into my top three reasons to hate Bliar, and wish him dead.
  • Options
    I dont like Tony at all, i think he is very false and I just dont like him.

Thats all :)

Oh and i do wish he would smarten himself up, he can look quite untidy sometimes.
  • Options
    Re: Tony Blair
    Originally posted by Tim Bacon
    Hes made half a mistake in almost 2 terms in charge.

What was that?

because...?
    Education has improved under him. Unemployment has improved and all that jazz.

Based on...?
    If anyone can seriously elect Howard ahead of Blair then I might as well move to Iraq.

Where I am sure you would be welcomed with open arms (and a sharpened sword ;)
  • Options
    Look at how pathetic he can get:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13151177,00.html

WHAT would it take the fucking arrogant man to admit FOR ONCE that he was wrong about something? :mad:

When he will stop insulting our intelligence?

And as for the Guantanamo situation you can really sense the poodle's discomfort at having to ask the US to stop torturing and illegally imprisoning British citizens. Not to mention his lack of guts to describe Guantanamo as what it is, instead of calling it "an anomaly".

I don't want the Tories to win any more than most people... but at this point the Child Raping and Killing Party would seem a more attractive opposition than that man. Please let's get rid of him before the next election... The Labour Party and the country deserve better than him.
  • Options
    It doesn't exist Luke. It was a figure of speech to say that anyone would be preferable to Tony Blair.
  • Options
    I know the Tories are bad, but I wouldn't accuse them of eating babies quite yet. ;)
  • Options
    You never hear the Tories saying they want to destroy what's left of our public services either...

Or that Howard wants to suck your bloooooood...
  • Options
    You never hear the Tories saying they want to destroy what's left of our public services either...

The Tories have said they will match Labours spending on the public services pound for pound, increasing it in some areas.
  • Options
    What's the catch?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    What's the catch?

Who knows.

They all lie.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    *edited for abusive language*

I'm not allowed to express my opinion?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Or that Howard wants to suck your bloooooood...

for some reason that last part made me laugh out loud :D

and yes, i wouldnt beleive the Conservatives on public spending even if i had an electric automatic beleiving machine
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    lolllll, but you believe what silly things Blair says?

No I do not, for the most part.

I have to say i would rather a Labour, or 'New Labour' :rolleyes: government running public services rather than having a Conservative government strangling them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I have to say i would rather a Labour, or 'New Labour' :rolleyes: government running public services rather than having a Conservative government strangling them.

Tories bad Labour good!

:lol:

Labour run the public services for their thieving militant friends in the trade unions, the Conservatives run the puiblic services for their thieving big business friends. New Labour are even more pro-Big Business than the Tories.

Both ways to run the services are wrong- nobody ever considers the poor schmucks who have to actually USE them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    The Tories have said they will match Labours spending on the public services pound for pound, increasing it in some areas.

Would you care to expand on that?

Yes, they have promised to match funding (initially) but when you read their policy they don't promise that this will be invested in public services directly but will be used to help the private sector.

So matching funding is laudable, until you realise how much will not be going to the actual services.