Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ponchos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i read the 'yay or nay' thread when i did a search for ponchos but i was really looking for some ideas on where to get them? i want a less 'see through' looking one if you know what i mean, not the crochet style or like the one shown in the picture in the yay or nay thread, i want one thats not got the 'holes' :confused: i seen a girl the other day with a read one like this and it was lovely, if i wouldve been brave enough i would've asked her where she got it :D

not sure if anyone will have a clue what im on about but if you do and you know where i could get one then please reply :)

thanks muchly xx

Comments

• Options
    get a table cloth and cut a hole in it :thumb:
  • Options
    already I am of no help but I just have a question. If those are poncho's, what do you call these?... (thing attached)
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    already I am of no help but I just have a question. If those are poncho's, what do you call these?... (thing attached)

:lol: no, that's not it. i'll try find a pic of one.

i think they look nice on the right person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    :lol: no, that's not it. i'll try find a pic of one.

i think they look nice on the right person.

nah, I saw it in the other thread, I know what they look like, just wondering if you also call those poncho's. (though i'd more than likely wear my version of the poncho than yours ;))
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    thats a rain mac.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    thats a rain mac.

No. That's a dork in a rain mac :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    No. That's a dork in a rain mac :p

that made me laugh out loud :o
  • Options
    I wore something like that on a water ride at a theme park.

Half the fun is getting wet though. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I wore something like that on a water ride at a theme park.

Half the fun is getting wet though. :(

Not when it's freezing cold :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jazza Bing
    Not when it's freezing cold :(

True. :(

Actually I take that back.

I'm more likely to be something like that at the end of the day so I don't have to walk around in wet clothes.

Plus I can't swim. :(:p
  • Options
    Pilot and Topshop have them :)
  • Options
    A poncho was what I got from america at disney for the rain so I can understand my_nmaes logic!

My friend once did the ponco look to a gig-very successfully. There are some nice ones out there but I've seen some on a few ladies and they don't look nice at all. Makle sure you have an honest mate shop with you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Pilot
    *Shudders*
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    *Shudders*

No like?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    No like?
    No. Maybe because when I went in there I got bombarded by 13 year-old neds with their hair scraped back, white eye lids, and spider eyelashes. It put me off ever going in there again. :(
  • Options
    ponchos

u can get ponchos in topshop + new look. i think top shops r more like michelle from big brothers tho,while topshops r more kinda 'light' + thin,if u'no wot i mean?
  • Options
    Re: ponchos
    Originally posted by *chris'_bitch*
    u can get ponchos in topshop + new look. i think top shops r more like michelle from big brothers tho,while topshops r more kinda 'light' + thin,if u'no wot i mean?
    Hmmmmm... :chin:
  • Options
    marks and spencers (might be in the per una section) do really nice looking heavyish ponchos,in light pink, baby blue, grey.. maybe khaki too.
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thinks these are a big nay?
  • Options
    Google search 'Poncho'
    This look doesn't really gel with me cuz the khaki (?) ones at the top aren't bad but I've only ever seen them on my ex's mum so :crazyeyes:

However, the lady on the 2nd row with the red ones looking like she's spiderwoman...ACK no way!

Besides - how is a guy ment to get his arms round a poncho wearing lady cus the fabric under arm would cause drifting hand restriction :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Am I the only one who thinks these are a big nay?

No, I agree with you. The only person who should ever wear a poncho is Clint Eastwood.
  • Options
    No. Maybe because when I went in there I got bombarded by 13 year-old neds with their hair scraped back, white eye lids, and spider eyelashes. It put me off ever going in there again. :(

Ohhh, ok. Its ok up here, nice clothes :yes: :)
  • Options
    You can get the fluffy ones, like the ones in Per Una at Debenhams for the same price (£25)

xx
  • Options
    i have always been really quite anti-poncho, apart from in the brownies round the campfire, hole in a blanket kinda scenario.

but today i saw a girl wearing a black lacy-type crochet one over a bright pink vest, jeans and plain flip-flops, and despite my usual feelings, i thought she looked rather cool.

so am now undecided. am immenseley put off by the tassels though. tassels should be reserved for cowboys and strippers.

any ideas where i could get a black crochet poncho with no tassels for pretty damn cheap?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    any ideas where i could get a black crochet poncho with no tassels for pretty damn cheap?

thin ponchos in topshop but they have tassles,although they're easy enough to cut off. new look sell wooly ponchoes,as do per una due @ M+S. my bessie says u can get them in urban outfitters too.
  • Options
    ok, i saw a girl wearing a poncho today that was asymmetrical, black stretch wool with diagonal ladder type holes in, and it was pretty long, down past her hips.

anyone know where that's from, from my awful description, or where i could find a similar one?
  • Options
    :heart::heart::heart:

i went out the other day and there were this pair of (what looked like) nine year old girls wearing matching ponchos etc and i was just like :eek: :crazyeyes :eek2: all at the same time.
    some people can look really good in them, as i am not one of those ima say they are nasssty
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    ok, i saw a girl wearing a poncho today that was asymmetrical, black stretch wool with diagonal ladder type holes in, and it was pretty long, down past her hips.

i found it, btw. it was from new look, and it's amazing. none of this stops half way down your arms, looks like you're wearing a baby blanket business. it's very cool.
  • Options
    I want one, ive seen a gorgeous lacey black one, very nice :)