Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scared...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Next fri I have another operation. this time it is on my back, Anyway normally it isn't so bad.. I've had operations in the past, the only thing is this is my first one in the adult ward and normally when I wake up someone has been there with me, it wouldn't be so bad but I seem to have a violent reaction to the anastetic when I wake up and throw a violent fit, This has happened both times I've had an operation, also when I'm in the anastetic room my palse seems to shoot high,

I'm just kinda worried and scared about it, I don't even know why I'm posting this, sorry, Just very scared I suppose,

Comments

• Options
    If the hospital know you react badly to it, they'll have someone to keep an eye on you. There's always a nurse/doctor there when you wake up in the recovery room anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    If the hospital know you react badly to it, they'll have someone to keep an eye on you. There's always a nurse/doctor there when you wake up in the recovery room anyway.

:yes:

good luck Hellfire :)
  • Options
    but I don't want some strange nurse.. I want someone I know...:crying:

and thanks
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    but I don't want some strange nurse.. I want someone I know...:crying:

and thanks

dude it's not the end of the world, nurses aren't that bad :p

but seriously, if that's the way it's gonna be, then that's the way it's gonna be. Surely a nurse is better than no one? Instead of getting yourself worked up beforehand just try to stay calm and take deep breaths - you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    suppose but i've never been alone in a hospital for longer than a few hours.. They do scare me..

I'm just very scared of hospitals and then I got a district nurse to come round for 2weeks after the op... All i know is all the nurses at my local surgary are suppose to be fit :hyper:
  • Options
    good luck with the operation,can you not get someone you know to be there when you wake up?
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    good luck with the operation,can you not get someone you know to be there when you wake up?

No because I'm 16 im now classed as an adult and they put me on the adult ward so visiting hours will apply. this is the first time it's happened to me:( but yeah it's scary
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    No because I'm 16 im now classed as an adult and they put me on the adult ward so visiting hours will apply. this is the first time it's happened to me:( but yeah it's scary
    You can ask to be put on the childrens ward if you're 16.
  • Options
    Why don't you just ask to have a local (I think) so it's numbs you and ask to stay awake?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    Why don't you just ask to have a local (I think) so it's numbs you and ask to stay awake?

because it's a serious operation on the base of my spine,

Well i had my pre-operation asseserment today and it seems to go well.. my Bp is only 139/72 which is ok and i've lost weight lol

I'm a little more relax now i've spoken to the doctors but im still worried a little bit.