Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Back Pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey. Right this thread isnt about me, my backs just fine. Its Zella's, she has a really sharp pain in her lower right back that hurts every time she walks or puts any pressure on it.
Were not really sure what to do. We think we know how it happened.. :: coughsexcough :: but we don't know how to stop it.

Do you think its worth a trip up to the hospital or what?
She's taken some of my pain killers (brufen retard) but they havent helped at all cos well...there shit even tho they are 800mg.

Urm....yea thats it really. Tar.

Comments

• Options
    She's prolly just pulled a mustle. Take some Co-Codamol (2 of) or some Ibuprofen Extra or what eva it's called and get some heat on the problem spot. Maybe use some deep heat or take a hot bath, if it still hurts go see your GP coz if you go up the hospital you will wait hours.
  • Options
    nhs direct back pain info

Some info there on back pain, though I'd say it's worth getting it checked out. If something is wrong you can sort out some treatment - if nothings wrong you just wasted some time but at least you'll be certain.
  • Options
    Take a freezing cold bath, and then a hot bath. This is what the doctor told my mate to do as he has a bad back.
  • Options
    could be a pulled muscle or something very serious,your kidney's would make your back hurt if something was wrong,drink cranberrry juice for that,when i had apendicitis it hurt the front of me mainly but a little in the back too,my friends only hurt her back so...,take some painkillers and if they are not helping then i would go to the doc
  • Options
    Well I found out what it was, cos we ended up going to A+E cos it hurt so much. I have a uniney infection:( Yay me
  • Options
    Ok, well at least you know what is wrong!

My first thought once I read that painkillers hadn't helped was to suggest the pain was internal (kindeys) because I have similar problems. A UTI is very treatable with anti-biotics and it probably won't be the first time you have this problem... some women suffer from recurring UTIs.

Anywho, take the medication they've given you and drink plenty of fluids. If you get the same symptoms in future pop along to see your GP. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Ok, well at least you know what is wrong!

My first thought once I read that painkillers hadn't helped was to suggest the pain was internal (kindeys) because I have similar problems. A UTI is very treatable with anti-biotics and it probably won't be the first time you have this problem... some women suffer from recurring UTIs.

Anywho, take the medication they've given you and drink plenty of fluids. If you get the same symptoms in future pop along to see your GP. :)
    i have a lot of recurring UTI's,they suck,i get one about once every 2-3 months. they give me these pills now that turn my urine orange and a cream.it gets rid of it in about 2-3 days and you feel totally normal again.what did they give you for yours?i find that drinking cranberry juice a lot helps keep them away for me,and also helps with kidney infections.i used to get both of them up to about 2-4 times a month until i started drinking that.i haven't had a kidney infection since march of last year and a UTI since december.just a tip!