Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi people,
has any one ever witnessed some one commit suicide. Today some man jump off the bridge on to the motorway and i was there it was an awful thing to see and i keep thinkin if only and if only that it is really playing on my mind and i dont know what to do please help !

Comments

• Options
    I've seen someone after they took an overdose, like just after, that was not pretty. No names mentioned.
  • Options
    My sister has done it a few times in front of me but I have just told her to stop being a prick and carried on watching TV coz I know shes just doing it for the attention. If someone actually did it, I'd probably cry and scream and panic and stuff.
  • Options
    My dad saw a guy jump off a bridge and then heard him screaming for help on the way down. And I was driving down the road and heard a gunshot from a car that was pulled over ablock infront of me, the next day to find out that he shot himself while the cop was only feet from his window. Thats the closest I've been.
  • Options
    no, thank god.

i once saw a guy in a car run over a squirrel and was nearly sick (and i'm sure the bastard sped up) so if i saw someone top themselves, i quite possibly would never sleep again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    . If someone actually did it, I'd probably cry and scream and panic and stuff.

So would I. I'm helpful like that.
  • Options
    i've seen a guy jump in front of the metro i was going to get on. that was nasty.. & some other bloke who was about to do it, but they made the train stay back at the previous station so the police could come and get him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Although I'm very emotional, I'm actually very good in dealing with situations like this. I mean, when its happened to me in the past, I've put on a brave face and tried to sort out the situation calmly and carefully. The petrol all over the house was the worst as the guy involved had a box of matches in his hand. I have never been so scared in my life. I had to handle the situation though, dealing with my two brothers getting them outta the house, calling the firebrigade, the police, plus the ambulance for a person there who had taken overdose, for the firebrigade for obvious reasons and the police. I couldn't scream, panic or cry although inside I was screaming and panicking. I was so scared. As soon as I got left on my own, I broke down in tears.

I'm kinda good in dealing with situations on the spot though, its usually afterwards that gets me, I get alot of flashbacks and stuff and its not nice

Thinking about it, I'd probably just get on with what I had to do, like rescue my cat and family and stuff. Then scream and panic and cry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lexxie*
    i've seen a guy jump in front of the metro i was going to get on. that was nasty.. & some other bloke who was about to do it, but they made the train stay back at the previous station so the police could come and get him.

That happened to a guy at work, this girl asked him the time at the tube station and then said thanks and jumped infront of the oncoming train.

Suicide is a permenant solution to a temporary problem
  • Options
    Re: Suicide
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    hi people,
    has any one ever witnessed some one commit suicide. Today some man jump off the bridge on to the motorway and i was there it was an awful thing to see and i keep thinkin if only and if only that it is really playing on my mind and i dont know what to do please help !

Hiya
    Sorry this is a bit late, but in response to your original post, I wanted to post some links that might help you through at this time. Even if you didn't know the man, this is a really difficult thing to witness. You can call the folliowing helplines to chat to someone who will listen to what is worrying you and help you through it:

Samaritans
    Confidential help for anyone who is suicidal or despairing.
    Telephone: 08457 909090
    www.samaritans.org.uk

SANELINE
    Offers practical information, crisis care and emotional support to anybody affected by mental health problems. The service is open from 12 noon until 2am.
    Telephone: 0845 767 8000 Website: www.sane.org.uk

Hope this helps.
    Take care
  • Options
    i saw a girl dead on the side of the road not so long ago. she was on the back of her mum's bike and had fallen off. she had no helmet on, and thats waht killed her. otherwise she would have gotten away with a concussion. she looked so pretty, white blond hair, not much more than 7 or 8...i had a exam after that which i think i failed...it's not a nice thing to see at all. suicide is a different thing though. in someways i think that the person who does it, is amazingly selfish, taking their own life, yet they have such amazing willpower to do so...
  • Options
    No, but I saw a young kid in a bad way on the dual carriageway opposite my flat. Got mown down, and it looked like the kid jsut rode out in front of a poor woman in a renault.

Poor thing:(
  • Options
    i didn't see it but i heard it and smelt it.
    i was in strangeways jail. three guys in the cell a few doors away ...two of them doing big time one doing about six months.
    the two long termers decided to kill themselves. they piled up the foam matresses against the door with pillows blankets clothes etc.
    the screaming and the smell was awful.
    the short termer obviously didn't want this. he had been wired to the bed with metal strips from the bunk base.
    three dead men.
  • Options
    Huh I don't get it? How did they actually die?
    sorry i forgot to add that they set fire to everything. there are no screws (warders) in the jail after 9pm apart from one. the others are whats known as security and are within the walls but outside the actual building ...so no one to rush to the rescue.
    they were burned to death.
  • Options
    i saw my dad after he had severed his wrists. i just happened to get out of bed and see the blood spurting in the bathroom. actually spurting, it was surreal. it was pretty horrific, but he survived, only to do it again and succeed. i often think that i would be more traumatised seeing somebody i did not know commit suicide.
  • Options
    My friend's mum had to walk in on her husband having gassed himself in their garage.

They still live there today, and i'm not sure if i'd be able to stay somewhere where something horrific like that had happened.
  • Options
    :eek: Ouch. I feel sorry for the guy who didn't wanna die.

I didn't know you had been in jail before Morrocan Roll, if you don't mind me askin, what did ya do?
    stole a whole heap of cash of securicor ...twice! plus drug offences.
    ...and no there was no violence or people involved ...it was a digging job ...many years ago.
  • Options
    At least ya honest!

How on earth did you manage to steal cash from securicor? Arn't those the people who go round in big helmets lol?:p
    some of the places they used to store vast amounts of cash/gold/valuables etc in the seventies were just to tempting!
    one was an old aircraft hangar at and old dissused air base ...giant curved corrugated metal thingy ...which also served as a bonded wharehouse ...tobbacco/alcohol and believe it or not ...coca cola! yes cola in a bonded wharehouse!
    so easy it was embarresing for them to actualy speak the truth in court.
    the second wasn't much different but was in france and they put no security at all on it because ...who would be daft enough to haul away a million quid in fifty pence peices?
  • Options
    Lol,

You wern't the most innocent kid were you? Lol.

You gave into the temptation lol.
    i'm not sure i could use the excuse of temptation.
    my future had been determined by my schooling and my area.
    i would have gone into the cotton mills ...steel mills ...mining ...or the dullness of the production line.
    it was the sixties revolution ...dylan and lennon were telling me to do things differently and i believed it ...fell for it ...lived it. no i certainly don't regret it ...in fact i'm quite proud of myself.
    make of that what you will.