Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Half Way Through The Year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well this is the last weekend in June and then it's 6 months into 2004, is this year going by even faster then 2003?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Half Way Through The Year
    is this year going by even faster then 2003?

yes.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Half Way Through The Year
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    is this year going by even faster then 2003?
    For me it does, but this could've been to the fact that I didn't have any kind of school until last March. In the years before, school was always the main way in which I counted time, so this might have thrown me off.
  • Options
    New year's eve still only seems about 2 months ago to me.
  • Options
    It only seems like yesterday that it was 2001, but that's three whole fucking years ago now.

God.
  • Options
    It's scary really. And as we're already half way through they year, it makes me feel like I've already wasted another year already. :( Or will do if I don't do something about it asap!

It's true what people say about the years flying by faster as the years go on.
    I think it's because when you're younger you're keen, and wanting to go out, and do everything, so you pack a lot into each year, and therefore the year seems full, and long.
    When you get older you settle in your job, your relationships, etc, and everything gets a bit more routine. Therefore you're doing the same thing, and not going out doing anything new and exciting. The year seems to drag, then you get to the end, and because you've done nothing (or not a lot), then it seems to have just flown by.
    There's a lesson in there somewhere that we can all learn.
  • Options
    its nearly time to start christmas shopping tbh
    this years been a big one.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    It only seems like yesterday that it was 2001, but that's three whole fucking years ago now.
    Well, 2001 was only 3 years ago but it feels like a century since then...
  • Options
    yeah this year has gone by really quick for me
  • Options
    Ive already started buying xmas pressies :lol:

Hey, the thing is though that Woolies have a half price sale on so ive bought stuff for litte un and put them in the loft :D
  • Options
    I cant even really remember what I did for NYE, I dont know whether thats a good thing or not.
  • Options
    i think its gone by at normal speed? :confused: I certainly haven't wasted this year, hehe :D
  • Options
    Yeah, it really does. I can remember the BEGINNING of this year, this by far, has been the best year of this new century. :)
  • Options
    the older i get, the quicker it goes. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Ive already started buying xmas pressies :lol:

Hey, the thing is though that Woolies have a half price sale on so ive bought stuff for litte un and put them in the loft :D
    we have so much in common chuck! probably cos we're just common ...before some other little shit gets it in!
  • Options
    Or maybe your just cheap.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Or maybe your just cheap.

And why not. Less money in their pockets, more money in yours. Sounds good to me!
  • Options
    Fair enough I suppose, but there are limits, I used to rap my christmas presents in brown paper when I was poor.
  • Options
    Wow. Its gone *so* fast! It doesnt seem like in 1999 i started high school and now ive left :eek: Gone too fast! :(
    As my mate keeps saying to everyone atm, smile, it'll soon be christmas! ;)
  • Options
    Fair enough I suppose, but there are limits, I used to rap my christmas presents in brown paper when I was poor.

It's the thought that counts.
  • Options
    Well quite, to be honest I'd probably still do it now and just spend the extra on the gifts. Rapping paper is so bloody expencive. The mrs wont let me though.
  • Options
    Well quite, to be honest I'd probably still do it now and just spend the extra on the gifts. Rapping paper is so bloody expencive. The mrs wont let me though.

LOL! If your wrapping paper is expensive you're buying it in the wrong place.

The best card I ever got was from a friend who was broke. She'd cut out letters from newsprint and stuck them onto card to make it and the concept of what she'd done was funny too. Out of hundreds of shop brought cards I can hardly remember any, but I'll never forget that one.
  • Options
    Well, if you've got quite a big family like I have, and being quite a generous fellow, like I am, then the rapping paper costs do tend to get a bit high.

Either you buy a big roll of crappy stuff but then you have to do double rapping so people cant see through. Or you buy better stuff and it costs too much.
  • Options
    Well, if you've got quite a big family like I have, and being quite a generous fellow, like I am, then the rapping paper costs do tend to get a bit high.

Either you buy a big roll of crappy stuff but then you have to do double rapping so people cant see through. Or you buy better stuff and it costs too much.

I have a huge family! My Dad is one of 7, I'm one of 5 and I have 5 children. :D

I spose I know what you mean about the double wrapping, but then nobody gets anything from me before the day anyway so it doesn't matter. I'd be inclined not to care if they could see through it unless it was a kid anyhow.
  • Options
    No, it has to be totally sure, theres no point at all in rapping it if they can see through it.

I sometimes use things like padded envelopes to hide CD's and such to keep 'em guessing.

I gave my brother a tightly rapped empty box once as well, its an old gag but was very funny at the time.
  • Options
    No, it has to be totally sure, theres no point at all in rapping it if they can see through it.

I dunno. If I thought an adult was going to be bothered peering at it to try and see the writing or whatever, well...they'd probably just open it and have a look anyway!
  • Options
    Ahh, my brother although older than me (which makes him very old) acts about 6 over Christmas so you have to be careful.

That and we have all the gifts under the tree before hand so they have to be sure.