Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Tthe dumber you are the more money you get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I read this statistic somewhere recently, and it got me thinking. Shouldnt be the other way round?

Is it cos ppl of a lower intellect are more willing to take risks in life e.g. a person of a lower intellect is more likely to take the risk of going to dance school to become a dancer, whereas sum1 of a higher intellect is less likely to as he/she may be thinking to hard about the what ifs involved i.e. what if I cant get a job afterwards etc.
You see it all the time, the most successful people (e.g. fashion designers and entrepenures) all seem to love what they do, and did not go into their field for money but cos of their passion.
Maybe if ppl in society took more risks and thought less about the risks involved there would be less people in the rat races, only staying in their job for security, and more wealthier, happier people.

I know, this is sum deeeeep stuff:eek:

Comments

• Options
    i'm gonna have to take the biggest risk of my life soon as i may have to give up on my education and go with my dreams, which will be fun and amazing if it pays off, but if it doesn't, i'm in shitsville.:(
  • Options
    go for it. if you have the determination and it really is your dream and you have all the passion in the world for it, you can make it happen. you just have to be so totally into it that you'll do anything to get there. whatever "it" may be.
  • Options
    WOOOOOAH!!! :eek: Finally someone has found a sentence to sum up my mum :(
  • Options
    I would hardly call Bill Gates an idiot though...