Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Yet again thinking of him (ex)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why am I thinking Im not over my ex. Went out with a guy today an yea I think I may have even spoke about my ex at lunch to this other guy one of my mates. I mean I want to forget him but to me he still seems perfect. Broke up in March. Soooo annoying. Still don't think I have had a day where I don't think of him.
But yeah Im lonely now an just think it would be nice to have someone.

Comments

• Options
    I found the best way to stop thinking about my ex was to think about a new crush!
  • Options
    Yeh, I've found the best way to get over someone is to find someone new to take your mind of it. And also, I don't know why you split up or anything, but maybe you could remember why. The reason I say this is because he may have been nasty or something.
  • Options
    i found someone new....but so did my ex. which bothers me. even though it shouldn't, because the guy i'm with now is so so so lovely.

grrrr...i hate ex's.
  • Options
    Eeerg...I have a couple of really good books I think you should read but I can't find them!!!!!! :mad: They are about breaking up and things like that. The book that I did find though was MY break up book. It's cheesy when ya think about it but it really does help and it's saved me alot of embarassing late night calls to my ex. When I find those damn books, I'll pm you the names so you can go buy them (because they really were a great help). What I did was buy a notebook type of thing (that others would use as a diary but doesnt say "Journal" or "Diary" on it). I wrote my ex's name in big letters then I started naming all the things that

-I hate about him
    -Why he isnt good enough for me
    -The little things that bugged me about him

Yeah it is pessimistic but in a time of breaking up, desperate times call for desperate measures. I would suggest writing specific things down instead of saying like "he was a jerk to me", so specifically say "When he told me that he knew he could do better than me." (like things that will trigger all the emotions you were feeling at that moment) they can even be little things that just pissed you off (even though they were minor things) for ex. I wrote down how my ex showed all his friends the dirty pictures we took together and how he found out my dad died and wouldnt talk to me for months when I needed comforting then called me up 3 months later acting like it was no big deal. After I had numerous pages on why I cant stand my ex, I went searching on the internet for quotes about getting over the relationship and just inspiration quotes. Here are a few

"The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends"-Gwyneth Paltrow

Letting go does not mean giving up, but accepting that there are things that cannot be.

Its when you snag your hand on a rusty nail that you realize....life sucks!! but regardless of the pain, you won't bleed forever.

If you live in the past, the present will become it and the future will NEVER change.

I cried today, not because I loved you or even missed you, but because I realize I'm going to be fine without you. **

Think ahead now....its 2009m and you're still scared to leave this guy-He is still stringing you along, promising nothing but his body, scary thought huh? When you're tempted to fall back into his bed or call him, remind yourself "2009...2009??NO WAY"

We must get hurt in order to grow. We must fail in order to know. Sometimes our visions clear only after our eyes are washed away with tears.

(the last words I've said to my ex were) Some people are just not meant to be in your life, no matter how much you want them to be.

A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life to be thankful for a good one.

And in the words of my fav. SATC "After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot"

then I wrote down a bunch of songs that I should listen to when I think about calling him or going to hang out with him.

like ...... Bad Religion- 1000 memories
    Christina Aguilera- Fighter
    Mary J. Blige- Promises
    Jojo- Get Out (Leave)
    Britney Spears- Stronger
    and the most recent song that I've become quite fond of from seeing it in Young & Sexy's sig is Will Young- Stronger

Ok, I'm done blabbin on but here's a really good quote to always remember .....

"Never give up what you want most for what you want at the moment" ;)
  • Options
    Hello. This is maybe gonna sound stupid. It really up set me though. Ive lost my necklase from my ex. It means soo much to me an I dunno if I will find it. :rolleyes: Sorry if this seems trivial.
  • Options
    Perhaps it is just as well you lost it. You should try to cleanse yourself of things that remind you of your ex. Perhaps you don't even have to get rid of the stuff, but putting it in a box in the attic really is a good place to start. You can't start to accept it is over between the two of you until you get rid of the reminders. You will always be hoping and thinking 'what if...?' for as long as you hold on to the things he's given you.

Even if it was a special necklace and you're still friends, you shouldn't wear it. Just my personal opinion...
  • Options
    Iv got pictures of me and my ex, even though i wanna forget her they mean so much to me that i would be upset even if they got bent.

I understand how you feel angel, hope it turns up :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    Iv got pictures of me and my ex, even though i wanna forget her they mean so much to me that i would be upset even if they got bent.

I understand how you feel angel, hope it turns up :)

How can you move on if you still feel like that? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    How can you move on if you still feel like that? :confused:

you can't :(
  • Options
    Well surely you must still have feelings for your past boyfriends, i believe that feelings last forever but you just learn to live with it.

Im over her anyway but the pictures still mean a lot to me.

And surely you both have things from your exs that you wanna keep?
  • Options
    Well surely you must still have feelings for your past boyfriends, i believe that feelings last forever but you just learn to live with it.

Im over her anyway but the pictures still mean a lot to me.

And surely you both have things from your exs that you wanna keep?

I only split from my boyfriend of five years about 7 weeks ago and I put all the pictures of him/us in a big box because I didn't want to be reminded of what I yearned for. Yes, I have feelings for him, but they're feelings of friendship rather than me wanting him to be my boyfriend again. The pictures don't mean much to me, it is the memories in my head that will live forever. And yes, I have things I want to keep because they're useful! In his time he bought be a set of shelves (I need those to keep my books on!), a desk chair (I need that to sit on), and various CDs but I don't link those with him because I can easily forget he bought me them. The ring he bought me I no longer wear because it doesn't mean anything anymore - it was a symbol of love, a love that no longer exists in the same form.
  • Options
    Different people believe in different things, and i believe that i should keep the memorable things so i can look back and remember the good things, not the bad things.
  • Options
    Different people believe in different things, and i believe that i should keep the memorable things so i can look back and remember the good things, not the bad things.
    What about when you get a new girlfriend? How do you think she'll feel?!
  • Options
    Angel, listen to Bumblebee, and do what she suggested. Put all the things that are linked to him, and don't need, into a box, and put it away. I wouldn't suggest tearing up or burning photos, letters, etc, as they're a part of your past. Maybe keep a few, and throw the rest. Keep them as keepsakes. After all, he was a part of your life once. But you really have to put that stuff, and metaphoricaly him too, into a box, and move on. Losing the necklace shouldn't be annoying unless it was a particularly nice or valuable one. If it only held sentimental value due to the relationship, then you can, and will, live without it.
    I only keep a few keepsakes from relationships. A few letters, maybe a valentines/birthday card, an odd small present, and put them in an envelope, seal it, and tuck it away somewhere. I only have a few photos in obscure folders on the PC, and can't remember the last time I looked at them.

You should copy and paste Blnde_BombShell's reply, and read it whenever you think you're missing him.

As Bumblebee has proved (from reading her other posts), you can move on, start dating, seeing other people, and it helps.

Don't, whatever you do, as you were thinking on another thread, ever sleep with him. He doesn't love you anymore, and will only use you. Don't give him the satisfaction. Put those pictures, trinkets, tokens, letters, etc, into a box, and move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    What about when you get a new girlfriend? How do you think she'll feel?!

She will more than likely be pissed off, but its not like i show everyone my sentimental things. The only other person whos seen them is my best girl mate and thats only because she was there just after my break up. I dont show anybody.
  • Options
    My bf broke up with me 2 weeks ago...it wasn't mutual. The best way to get over him is to go out and find another guy! Shallow ..but it works. I don't really want to get over him 'cuz I still like him (I still got photos of us 2 together in my draw next to my bed, lol I look at them when I'm feeling sorry for myself). I think it's more scary to realise that I actually am, slowly, getting over him, but feel like am still desperately tring to hang on to what we had or memories or something..!
  • Options
    I still have some stuff from exs. I do put them in a drawer an they don't come out every day or not really that often. The necklase is important to me cause it wasn't just a symbol of are love but hopefully the friendship that we have now. (Although I haven't seen him lately will do soon hopefully.) Also I remember I gave him a chain an he wore it all the time I think really an you know I hope he still wears it (think he does).
    Maybe I just not good at letting go of past an movin on. Not too great at meeting other people outside the group of people I know already. That might change when I turn 18 soon though. Next Sunday.
    Thanks for the replys though has been good.
    Also I think my feelings of love (in a couple way) are going. I will truely know when I next see him though. I may not be totally over him? Don't know.
  • Options
    Hi angel1886, sorry about earlier my msn said i was online when i was at work.

Hope your ok when you see him soon, i rekon you will be fine. Just try to have a laugh and act as friends. Its kinda hard as i recently spent a weekend with my ex but you should be ok.