Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dry feet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My feet are so dry atm and the skin is all yuk. I have tried creams and soaking them and exfoliating them but nothing is helping them. Any suggestions that might help?

Comments

• Options
    It's really important that you moisturize and take good care of your feet because our feet dont produce any oil to prevent dry skin and during the day, the average temperature inside a non-ventilated shoe can shoot up to 106 degrees fahrenheit. A good overnight treatment that I do quite often to my feet is massage petroleum jelly all over my feet (applying more to the rough parts). Then put on gym socks (100% cotton) and when you wake up, your feet will be incredibly soft. :yes: Another remedy thats similar to that one is warming up 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly until it begins to melt(while still having its jelly-like consistency) with 1/4 teaspoon opf lemon juice. Massage that into your feet that slip on a thick pair of cotton socks. Wear that overnight. Your feet can become rough, thick and hard from the friction of heavy footwear. Use alpha hydrozy moisturizersa and always moisurize before putting on soaks or hose. that prevents snags and runs and it allows the natural heat of heavier footwear to accelerate penetration of the moisturizer. At least once a week, apply a rich moisturizer and sleep in a pair of sockcs. Sand off rough areas with a block of fine grade sandpaper or foot file. Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    You have so many tips on stuff like this Blnde_BombShell. Write a book with them all in...Im sure youd make a fortune! Id buy one, anyway!
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    You have so many tips on stuff like this Blnde_BombShell. Write a book with them all in...Im sure youd make a fortune! Id buy one, anyway!

:yes: seconded

I wanna be on the list for a signed copy!! lol
  • Options
    Awww....thanks guys ;)

I learn it all from my nerdy mum. She's read books and books about things like that for years and after hearing her friends call her up almost everyday to ask the remedys for everything, it rubs off onto me, i guess :blush:

:o:o Thanks though ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips :D You really should def write a book. I would buy it lol.
  • Options
    E45 was what the chirpodist gave me for dry feet.
  • Options
    I have a cracking set of soft skinned feet, not a dry patch in sight. You wanna know why? Because I wear my Mr Grumpy slippers all the time so my feet sweat! :D

Sweaty feet arn't dry feet :thumb: :D:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carpet Monster

nope they just smell :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXxHelzxXx
    nope they just smell :p

You can't have everything :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carpet Monster
    I have a cracking set of soft skinned feet, not a dry patch in sight. You wanna know why? Because I wear my Mr Grumpy slippers all the time so my feet sweat! :D

to prevent ya toesies from smellin, apply a dry antiperspirant to the soles on your shoes every morning. or you could soak your feet in strong tea (not herbal). the tannis in the tea will eliminate the smell. or...... mix together one tablespoon of ginger with one tablespoon of cornstarch into a small bowl. Dust it over your clean and dry feet with a large blush brush (if you have one). the ginger has antibacterial properties and the cornstarch has great absorbent power. :thumb: ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    to prevent ya toesies from smellin, apply a dry antiperspirant to the soles on your shoes every morning. or you could soak your feet in strong tea (not herbal). the tannis in the tea will eliminate the smell. or...... mix together one tablespoon of ginger with one tablespoon of cornstarch into a small bowl. Dust it over your clean and dry feet with a large blush brush (if you have one). the ginger has antibacterial properties and the cornstarch has great absorbent power. :thumb: ;)

Haha, I'm a boy! A couple of showers a week, a few cans of deoderant and some kind of aftershave and everyone's a winner :):D