Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

2 wait or not 2 wait?

hi im new on here so i dunno if this has been up b4 but if it has sorry.
i havent had a proper boyfriend for over year and a half and i dont wanna get with someone for the sake it. however, wen i see other guys i feel really turned on and theres this one guy whos a mate of my friend who ive been texting and having text sex with.
i think he wants it for real and i really feel like i wanna have sex for me not b/c i feel i should. but then i think itd be better if i wait to lose my viginity to a boyfriend but i really want sex now.

i think i can make a difference between sex and love but has anyone else been in this situation and regretted not waiting?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    None of us can tell you what to do, only you can make that decision for yourself.

The way I see it you feel ready for sex, but there is something holding you back. That is the little part of yourself that thinks you aren't ready for such a physical committment.

There will be people who will come and tell you that they lost their virginity to a one night stand and it was great, others will tell you to wait because it was crap. You can only read their experiences and then make your own, informed choices.

Good luck. :)
  • Options
    Go out with him if hes such a nice guy! And if he still turns out to be a nice guy..... fuck his brains out. :naughty:

Bopz :naughty:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    fuck his brains out.:naughty:

U horny thing Bopperz! Must b that Cardiff uni air :p

But innocent_gal...as BumbleBee said, there's obviously something holding u back from doing it, as otherwise u wouldn't be needing to calm ur doubts. Tbh, with me, when I lost my V-plates I just had this...feeling...that it was totally right. I don't think it should b a thing of wondering whether to b with a boyfriend or not...it's just down to ur personal feelings. U gotta listen to ur head, not ur heart, cos it's easy to get swept away in the moment, but u gotta b careful u don't end up regretting it. BUT, if u meet this guy and go out a couple of times maybe, so u can suss out what he's really like, then it might help ur decision.

(apologies if this is a lil random or doesnt make sense...couple too many drinks tonight :rolleyes: )
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    None of us can tell you what to do, only you can make that decision for yourself.

The way I see it you feel ready for sex, but there is something holding you back. That is the little part of yourself that thinks you aren't ready for such a physical committment.

There will be people who will come and tell you that they lost their virginity to a one night stand and it was great, others will tell you to wait because it was crap. You can only read their experiences and then make your own, informed choices.

Good luck. :)

This girl says some good stuff, lol.
  • Options
    You will know in your own heart if you are ready to lose your virginity or not, no-one else can tell you what you should do.

Some people don't care and just get it over with, and that is what they want so fine. Some people want to take time.

I would always suggest take it slowly- you don't even know this boy, not really. If you want a quick fuck to get it over with then yeah, do it, but if you are asking then I don't think that is what you do really want to do.

Get to know the boy, and get to know the personality behind the nice arse. For really great sex you have to know your partner, and be able to communicate with him- just take it easy and see what happens.
  • Options
    K, I'm not gonna go into a lecture or anything so what I would do is wait. Wait 'till you're in a solid relationship, if you think losing your virginity is important ('cuz you know, some people don't.) However, just 'cuz your in a relationship wont guarantee that you'll regret, there's just less chances of it. Get to know this guy and who knows it could turn out to be *the* relationship.
  • Options
    thanx for what u said. sometimes it feels like the whole worlds doing it except me but thats not exactly the best reason to have sex is it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by innocent_gal
    but thats not exactly the best reason to have sex is it.
    No :)
  • Options
    sometimes it feels like the whole worlds doing it except me

im not
  • Options
    thanx for what u said. sometimes it feels like the whole worlds doing it except me but thats not exactly the best reason to have sex is it.

no it isnt'.

and waiting shows that you can exercise more self-restraint than most rampantly hormonal teenagers. :D
  • Options

Yeah, but don't ever forget that if someone talks about sex loads then they, more often than not, aren't actually getting any.

It's certainly true that sex is only a problem if you aren't getting any.

Sex certainly isn't as good as everyone tries to make out.