Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex with new parter/insecurities

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm dying to sleep with my boyfriend, but I find it so hard to relax because I'm so insecure.

We haven't really had the chance to get 'physical' yet, but when we kiss, its uber passionate and we get so turned on! Which is dangerous when in the pub methinks :p

But anyway, I'm dreadfully insecure, and this has caused problems in the past. First time sex (er, only time sex seeing as he dumped me a while later) with my Ex was awful. I just wanted to be perfect for him. I'm hardly a size 12 (well an 18 to be precise) and I am doing something about it, although there are other issues I dont like. For instance, I hate my boobs, I hate my stretch marks. I wouldn't dare leave the light on in case I made his eyes melt.

I know almost everyone has these issues, but I find it SO hard to deal with until I lose weight (this is going to take a long time!).

From a guys point of view....do you actually SEE all these imperfections? Or is it the general feel of the female body during sex and foreplay thats more of a turn on? Are you disgusted by stretch marks/cellulite?

I've always wanted the perfect body, and to be perfect for my partner, but I don't and never will. Hence my insecurity rating is sky high. Being told that I'd look better if I lost weight (by an ex) didn't help matters either, which lead to slight depression and self harming.

Men do prefer the slimmer woman, of course. I have curves...just far too many! Other than getting stoned and paraletic drunk, I'm not quite sure how to deal with this. I really want to enjoy making love but its so hard :(

*silences self with gag*

Comments

• Options
    have you tried atkins diet?i lose 40 lbs in less than two months,with some of my friends it was a bit slower,but drastic results in 2 months. it works really well. how long have you been with this guy,if he is with you then he obviously doesn't care and likes you for the way you are,so don't worry about it.he isn't going to have a problem with your body,and if he does then he doesn't deserve to be with you.i probably didn't help that much,so sorry
  • Options
    He obviously finds you attractive in the first place or he wouldn't be with you! I'm quite large and my last boyfriend loved my body, the lad I'm seeing now told me the other night I have a fantastic figure but when I look at me all I see is flab and stretch marks. Don't worry about it, relax and just have a little lamp on so you won't feel like you're under the spot light.
  • Options
    He's not blind, he can see your not a size 10 and there for will know you wont have the perfect super model body that many women wish they had (my self inclueded). But the fact that he's with you already means that he likes you for you and already likes your body.
    Sure what the hell lose a few pounds get a figure your happy with, but dont do it for him, do it for your self.
    Doing things like looseing weight for other people dosent really work. The only way it worls is if you really want it yourself.

And now for some tips on dieting.
    Yes the atkins deit might be your best bet right now if you want to loose wieght fast there are loads of things on it on the net, I would find it for you but im lazy. If you feel like you want to snack, have a snack. Just dont have chrips, have some fruit or sone vege. My fav snacks at the mo are olives and spinage....not together of course lol. If im pecish all I have to do is put some frozen spinage in the microwave and 2 mins later I have a nice bowl of yummyness (yes im aware of how weird i am)
    In stead of having a bowl of ceral mid meal, have a bowl of salad. Fills you up just the same.
    Drink plently of water or friut juice and get off the bus a couple of stop early and walk the rest to get some gental exersice.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    He's not blind, he can see your not a size 10 and there for will know you wont have the perfect super model body that many women wish they had (my self inclueded). But the fact that he's with you already means that he likes you for you and already likes your body.
    Sure what the hell lose a few pounds get a figure your happy with, but dont do it for him, do it for your self.
    Doing things like looseing weight for other people dosent really work. The only way it worls is if you really want it yourself.

And now for some tips on dieting.
    Yes the atkins deit might be your best bet right now if you want to loose wieght fast there are loads of things on it on the net, I would find it for you but im lazy. If you feel like you want to snack, have a snack. Just dont have chrips, have some fruit or sone vege. My fav snacks at the mo are olives and spinage....not together of course lol. If im pecish all I have to do is put some frozen spinage in the microwave and 2 mins later I have a nice bowl of yummyness (yes im aware of how weird i am)
    In stead of having a bowl of ceral mid meal, have a bowl of salad. Fills you up just the same.
    Drink plently of water or friut juice and get off the bus a couple of stop early and walk the rest to get some gental exersice.

yep i agree with that snack when you want to, but eat something actually better for you, and not something less bad for you like "diet" crisps

if he didnt find you attractive he wouldnt want to go out with you, but he is so take comfort in that

and is that an almost frudian slip with genital at the end zella
  • Options
    when ur with someone u love u dont see the imperfections and if u do its just another part of them to love
    Losing weight would prolly benefit your health, and make you happier with yourself by being less self concious but nobody is perfect and everyone has things they hate about the way they look (theres loads of things i hate but its the way i am so its tough luck really)
    Put it like this if u were a skinny and bony he would probably loose u or snap u in half! Being larger gives him more of you to like
  • Options
    Re: Sex with new parter/insecurities
    Originally posted by SuicideBlonde
    From a guys point of view....do you actually SEE all these imperfections? Or is it the general feel of the female body during sex and foreplay thats more of a turn on? Are you disgusted by stretch marks/cellulite?

um...if this guy is your boyfriend then he must find you attractive, there for he obviously isnt repulsed by all these bad things you saya bout yourself. Personally, i tend not to go out with girls im repulsed by phsyically, i think that stands for all men...
    I've always wanted the perfect body, and to be perfect for my partner, but I don't and never will. Hence my insecurity rating is sky high. Being told that I'd look better if I lost weight (by an ex) didn't help matters either, which lead to slight depression and self harming.

...the perfect body? whats one of those? you really shouldnt listen to what anyone else has to say about your body...i mean it is YOUR body after all....
    Men do prefer the slimmer woman, of course. I have curves...just far too many! Other than getting stoned and paraletic drunk, I'm not quite sure how to deal with this. I really want to enjoy making love but its so hard :(

*silences self with gag*

Men prefer slimmer women....um....No. lol. I know a lot of guys, me included, who prefer curvier girls. I mean, who wants a stick insect in bed with them? ...no but seriously, where ever this "gotta be slim to be beautiful" thing comes from, your boyfriend obviously doesnt subscribe to it, cuz he wants you the way you are....surely that must make you think that maybe your not so bad....? i dont know...you decide.

Hope it works out for you
    -x-
  • Options
    Wow, AlmightyBob sounds like a lovely person, listen to him, he speaks sense!! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Wow, AlmightyBob sounds like a lovely person, listen to him, he speaks sense!! :)

...awwwww shucks :) hehe
  • Options
    Hehe bless you Bob.

In fact bless you all.

I have tried the Atkins diet, but I realised it was shite and not good in the long term, so I'm back to eating right and gymming it 3/4 times a week. Its gonna take time, but I'll get there I guess.

I want to lose weight for myself and no one else, I just want to be comfortable with him and myself thats all. I'm not saying you've got to be slim to be beautiful, but I'm sure anyone would favour a nice flatter stomach to rolls of fat if they had the choice!

I know he finds me attractive, and he says that I have a nice figure, but urgh, I can't help it!

Damn my womanly ways!

But thank you guys, you rawk ;)
  • Options
    I don't think sex should be the next level for you, you could maybe try other things to get you used to being with him in that sense. Then your confidence might be improved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *ash*n*nick*
    have you tried atkins diet?i lose 40 lbs in less than two months,with some of my friends it was a bit slower,but drastic results in 2 months. it works really well. how long have you been with this guy,if he is with you then he obviously doesn't care and likes you for the way you are,so don't worry about it.he isn't going to have a problem with your body,and if he does then he doesn't deserve to be with you.i probably didn't help that much,so sorry

The atinks diet is a terrible, terrible diet! It fucks your body up so bad, it's not even worth it, and that weight will just come flying right back!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    Guys prefer curvy girls. This is gonna sound really hypocritical as people always hear me whinging about my weight, but I would prefer to keep and curves and be slimmer if that makes any sense. I mean, I would love to lose weight and be slimmer but be able to keep my curves. No guy wants a stick insect in bed like AlmightyBob said, I mean, the guy will be scared of snapping the poor girl in half. Guys love curves, not scrawny girls with no meat on them.

You say you hate your boobs but do you really? I mean, if you lose weight you will lose them. When I was dieting, I dropped a size or two. Do you want that? Guys love boobs. I'm sure your boyfriend loves yours.

Your boyfriend is obviously happy with your looks and your body so its just your self esteem you need to work on :)

You're right, girls are pretty whether they're rakey or curvey, you're all lovely, and yes, boobs are fucking fantastic. :D
  • Options
    Re: Sex with new parter/insecurities

Ok, I'm not a guy, but I have gone out with someone who was rather big...and to be honest, when you really like or love someone, it doesn't matter to you. For example, I usually find hairy chests not nice.... but with my ex I just loved everything about him, and he was quite hairy, but I loved his hair, cos it was part of him.

It sounds like you're both really into each other, so yu've got to try and look at the situation in a positive way- if he likes you, then he likes you for who you are, and it shouldn't be an issue. I hope that helps hun!
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~

You say you hate your boobs but do you really? I mean, if you lose weight you will lose them. When I was dieting, I dropped a size or two. Do you want that? Guys love boobs. I'm sure your boyfriend loves yours.

Yeah I do. Its not the size, its the shape and everything. They're sagging way before schedule and it does my head in. If I could afford a tit lift, I'd bloody get one! Theyre covered in blemishes and little scars too. I hate everything about my body, and its really starting to get me down again. I'm really *really* trying to change but tis sooo hard.

*sobs*
  • Options
    ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya,
    People have posted some really helpful thoughts/opinions and there are also some good articles on TheSite that may help too. Have a look at this article and this one too for the sex stuff. And you might want to look at the Food and diet section for tips on healthy ways to lose weight.

Hope this helps,
    CB