Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I feel so low

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel so low lately. Nothing seems to be going right in my life and it is really getting me down. :( I can't seem to get a job no matter how hard I try. I have lost touch with loads of my friends as they all have their own life which doesn't include me. My family hate me and the only thing that they like about me is that I do the cleaning. I am forever stuck in the house being bored and I feel so lonely :( Sorry if I sound like a moan. I don't really expect any replies.

Comments

• Options
    In your other thread you said you wanted to loose weight, so why not exercise more. This will get you out of the house and you can meet new friends. Try going swimming, or to the gym, or even exercise classes. It will make you feel happier, because exercising does, you'll loose weight, and you won't be stuck at home bored and feeling sorry for yourself and you'll hopefully make more friends.

God I really need to take my own advice sometimes!
  • Options
    Originally posted by RepeatToFade
    In your other thread you said you wanted to loose weight, so why not exercise more. This will get you out of the house and you can meet new friends. Try going swimming, or to the gym, or even exercise classes. It will make you feel happier, because exercising does, you'll loose weight, and you won't be stuck at home bored and feeling sorry for yourself and you'll hopefully make more friends.

I totally agree with this. Anything to get out of the house. This sounds so patronising but we all have times when we feel run-down, low, depressed even. I always find that going for long walks helps, it's a cliche but it works - clears your head, makes you feel fresher, and of course if that's an issue it helps with weight loss. If you fancy it, you could look into the summer courses that local colleges and Universities run. They're often free to everyone, and definitely if you're unemployed. Not only does it help you to meet new (and like-minded) people but it also makes you more employable. A summer course in flower-arranging would even make you a more attractive employee to someone recruiting for a call centre/mcdonalds/tesco because it shows that you've used your time wisely when out of work. As for broaching the job situation, have you been in your local Jobcentre? If not, just go down there and I guarantee they will be able to sort you out with something, which is always better than having time to sit around and bemoan your state.

Lastly, I'm sure your family value you for a lot more than your cleaning duties. Maybe it's just that you're always around that makes them seem less caring than than...I don't know your situation obviously, but I know that you're probably just thinking that your friends and family feel that way, because of your own state of mind. I know this rambling probably hasn't helped, but I try ;) If you need an open ear, then you can always PM me hun.
  • Options
    Usually when I feel like this I just loose myself in a book. I do like going for walks to clear my head but atm the weather is really bad so that isn't an option. I did have a long walk yesterday which helped a bit.

I wouldn't mind doing some voluteering whiles I am not working but I amn't sure where to start.

I have been to the local job centre and the one in Dundee but they have nothing that is suitable plus loads of jobs needs you to be 18 and I amn't yet.

My family just think I am totally useless and my dad thinks I am a failure because I can't get a job. I can never talk to my mum about how I feel because she is so self centered. Whenever I try to talk to her she on the phone to this guy that she is having an affair with. I really hate it.

Sorry if I really sound like a moan but I need to get this all out.
  • Options
    You dont sound like a moan at all :)

If you want to get volunteering, pop into local charity shops. They are ALWAYS looking for people to help out "in exchange for a cup of tea and a few biscuits". Looks wicked on a CV and will give you something to do

Secondly, ignore what your dad thinks about you for just now. Try and stay focused and prove him wrong. Get ANY job, telesales, cleaning, anything just to make a bit of cash and tide you over until something else comes along.

Are you at college or school or anything? If not, why not enroll at college. You will meet new people, have something to do, get out of the house, and get a qualification that will lead you to a money making job. You can then move out of home and make a go of things yourself. Prove to them you are no failure. :)

good luck
  • Options
    Me and my friend were just discussing about me voluteering in a charity shop. Would give me something to do even if it just for a few day a week. Plus would give me some shop expierence.

I am at college atm but some people in my class are so stuck up and won't talk to you and the people who I do talk to are leaving which really suxs.

Thanks btw draven :)
  • Options
    If you are interested in volunterring and charity work then I suggest that you have a look at TheSite's sister site http://www.do-it.org.uk

Being stuck in the house is the worst thing for your head, because all you have for comapny is yourself. try and get out a bit more, even if it's to just go to the shop to buy a paper or something.

Things will be OK, you just need to give them time. If you think you are depressed rather than sad you could try going to the doctor's and talking to them.
  • Options
    I don't think I am depressed just sad and fed up and feeling down because nothing is going the way I would like it to go. Thanks for the link btw.