Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Oh joy a wedding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I absolutely hate weddings as i never know what to wear for them (this one is evening do only not all day so i have a little bit of choice).

I'm not really a flowery overtop dresser, tend to opt for more classic lines really. I just fancy something with a bit more colour or femininity about it.

I've seen two tops that i quite like the look of but am thinking that black trousers won't suit them. Do you think i could wear smart jeans and spark the outfit up with accessories/shoes etc?

Ideas appreciated.

pink top
aqua top

Comments

• Options
    Depends on who is getting married...if its like your gran wear a dress, but if its your best mate (who is likely to not be in her 70s) you could probably get away with wearing something a little more casual, like jeans. Also it would depend on the venue...classier, more upmarket places call for smarter outfits. I mean, if its a "dance" I wouldnt wear trousers at all, but if its more of a "disco" jeans would be cool.

I would say if you DO go for jeans, make sure they are super smart ones and wear some killer heels. If you wear flats you would probably end up looking too dressed down. :)

oh, and i think those tops would go with black trousers btw...but if you want "femininity" why dont you wear a skirt?
  • Options
    i have just bought a gorgeous Naf Naf dress for a wedding i'm going to in summer. It's black with pink polka dots, 50s style. A bargain at £32. It's quite feminine and not too over the top...
  • Options
    I think that pink top is gorgeous. You could always get some of those trousers like in the picture too. I wouldnt wear jeans to a wedding tbh. It might offend people.
    Im not as keen on the aqua top.
  • Options
    Ooh, I'm going to a wedding too! I'm at the wedding et al though. Meep! I'm wearing a white dress with mad hawaiian pink and orange flowers on it. Sounds ming, however with my pink mules, painted toenails, tanned skin, and a nice pashmina OOH I am the bollocks. :yes:

I'd suggest this skirt, with a black plain camisole style top with a pale blue cardi, lemony ballet pumps with the mini heel and BRIGHT blue eyeshadow, and nice pearls. You'd look the sex. Yes.
  • Options
    Thank you kindly people :) Definately got some ideas going round now.

Oo and i wouldn't wear flats, don't do flats (apart from trainers) as they don't suit me. Heels are my best friend when out and about :yes:

Gah far too much choice around now :D
  • Options
    My sister gets married in July, I'm not a bridesmaid though.

I got my dress the other day from Morgan, it's dusky pink and it comes past my knees and it's got a brown velvet trim and bow around the neck line. I appreciate that it doesn't sound very nice, but it's lovely. :D

Just need the shoes and the bag now. :(
  • Options
    wear a hat! It's like, the only opportunity people get (apart from Ascot), and noone takes advantage of it! Wear a hat!!
  • Options
    What at the night do? :) Thought that wasn't the done thing. Although :chin: i don't usually tend to follow the set out rules anyway.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    What at the night do? :) Thought that wasn't the done thing. Although :chin: i don't usually tend to follow the set out rules anyway.

Ah, no, i didn't read that bit - i got carried away by my hat crusade :D
  • Options
    Lol i was wondering. Hats look shite on me i'm afraid. Well apart from baseball caps which i can just about manage :)