Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trying to loose weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok I know I need to loose weight and I am trying to eat healthier and things and doing more excerise but whenever I try to cut out junk food I just crave it and usually give in and once I have I just end up binging. Will these cravings go away in time or not?

Comments

• Options
    I was the same as you when I tried to lose weight. The key is to eat little and often. Say you eat breakie at 8am have a small healthy snack at 10am, maybe one of those low-fat oatmil bars. Then say at 12 noon have lunch and then at 3pm have a small snack again. That way you should stop craving junk food and don't eat before you go to bed.

You might wanna try a Slimming World diet. I know you can eat pretty much what you want and still lose weight, I know a few people who have been on at lost loads of weight.

www.slimming-world.co.uk
  • Options
    Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Yes, these cravings will go after a while but in the mean time try eating sticks of raw carrot or other veggies/fruit - you'll be using your hands and mouth etc but putting healthy stuff in!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

You might wanna try a Slimming World diet. I know you can eat pretty much what you want and still lose weight, I know a few people who have been on at lost loads of weight.

www.slimming-world.co.uk

yeah one of my mates has recomended the slimming world diet. She's tried just about every diet on the market and that one seems to be healthiest and easiest to follow
  • Options
    Quite expensive, isn't it?
  • Options
    That is what I thought.
  • Options
    Replace the junk with sweet fruit. It's not the same but it helps. Apples, satsumas, bananas, kiwi, plums, etc.

As for loosing weight, eat less, excersise more.
  • Options
    Does keeping a food diary ever help to loose wieght?
  • Options
    Drink lots and lots and lots of water! It keeps your stomach full and you don't really feel like snacking.
  • Options
    you should try a low GI diet. its not a low carb diet its a right carb diet. you eat foods that have a low Glycaemic Index (GI), which then stabilise your blood sugar levels which leave u less susceptible to cravings. Unislim do this diet, although im not sure if unislim run outside northern ireland, as its an irish company, its like weight watchers and slimming world. log onto http://www.unislim.com for more info