Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Another Case of Females Stopping Play...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Man, I am now officially FED UP with being single!

Last week my mate rang me and arranged that we'd go over his house, get a couple of cans in and watch the england game(yesterday) and make a night of it. Wicked, I dont see much of my mate now he's with his new girlfriend, which is fair enough, I expected it to happen. He said he'd pick me up from work and we'd go down Tesco's get some beers and straight to watch the game. Well he picked me up (with his gf), who was going to work, so I immediately thought "she's watching the game with us :rolleyes: ", but he was dropping her to work, (happy days...lads night).

We were on our way back from dropping her to work when i suggested we got the beers in at Tesco. "sorry mate, I forgot to tell you, Im going out with Charlotte tonight for a meal after the game, so I wont be able to drink".......Great, I cant drink either, no fun getting pissed on my own.

Then during the game she keeps ringing him coz she's bored at work. Annoying.

His sister is there with her boyfriend cuddled up on the couch. Sickening.

His sister asks me if I would like to go with them lot to centre parks later in the summer for a weekend. Me, my mate, his GF, his sister and her boyf. I said "No offence but I'd rather not" for I think is obvious reasons. I get a row then from everyone because im apparently "acting like a knob" because I dont wanna go with two couples!

For the first time in a year (since i split with the ex) have I ever felt so shit about being single.

I feel just so angry! :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Happy couples are oblivious to the sickening effect they have on the rest of the single world....

Sorry about the situation though - you just have to hope that soon your mate will come to his senses and remember what life was like before his g/f (i.e. remember that he had other friends and things to do with his time besides spend it with her).

You could also try talking to him about it but I doubt that it would do much good.
  • Options
    Its just shite.......He does though, in fairness, try to spend alot of time with us lot (his single mates). The only problem being is that he ALWAYS brings his GF!
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel, my best mate used to be with her bf all the time. Try telling your mate how you feel, and that you'd like to spend time with just him, and have a laugh etc. :)
  • Options
    It's hard when mates are loved up but you just have to suffer it. No point in having massive barneys because you will nearly always lose :) My friend was like yours. Everywhere you went the bf had to go with you. But some people are like that. Some people want to be with their partners 24/7, others (like moi) think that sometimes it's nice to have your seperate hobbies and mates. Keeps things from getting boring.
  • Options
    Ever thought you might just meet someone at Centre Parcs?
  • Options
    I know how you feel mate, it really does take the piss the way some people treat us single ones. But im afraid is something we gotta live with unil we get a partner of our own.
  • Options
    just think, if you weren't single, you might get your gf ringing you up when the footy's on. wouldn't want that would you. :p
  • Options
    i know how you feel, couples are sickening!
    everyone i know and spend time with is in a couple, and it drives me mad. especially as just over 3 weeks ago i came out of a relationship myself so am hurting because of that but still have to see them all being loved up with each other!
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Ever thought you might just meet someone at Centre Parcs?

Surprised no one mentioned this earlier! The lasses will want massages and the like, while the lads'll have a booze up, non?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Imagince having felt like that for(practically)ever. That's bad. I feel like crying whenever I'm around a couple.