Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Bandanas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
........around the wrist?

The new sweatbands I think, Ive started wearing one, i think its quite cool, but Im not sure if it'll take off.
Had the piss take already, but as some of you know I dont care!

The only people ive seen with it on is Will Young and the guy from Maroon 5 in 'This Love' video, but im sure Becks must have worn one!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure what you're saying. People are wearing bandanas around their wrists? They look stupid enough on peoples heads.
  • Options
    The guy from Maroon 5 is a butt ugly asshole.

I wouldn't do it, put it that way.
  • Options
    bandanas are even worse than sweat bands. and as i pointed out in the sweat bands thread even richard simmons was too cool for them. bandanas are for those who wish to be bad and in gangs, g, but are too pansy suburban to actually do anything more than wear colors.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

I wouldn't do it, put it that way.

Ooh, he'd get it. I hate "This Love" now with a passion, mind. Beat 106 ruined my lurve for that song when I was working in the stockroom at work, funnily enough. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Ooh, he'd get it. I hate "This Love" now with a passion, mind. Beat 106 ruined my lurve for that song when I was working in the stockroom at work, funnily enough. :p

Beat 106 have ruined my love for so many songs :/

I swear to God they must just have 10 songs and play them over and over each day. It's fucking murder when you have a 9 hour shift every day, and are working underground so can't get any other stations :( Now I remember why I hate commercial radio so much :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    I swear to God they must just have 10 songs and play them over and over each day. It's fucking murder when you have a 9 hour shift every day.

Too fucking right man. I hate Usher - Yeah! and OH so many other chart hits. Le sigh. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by 1983
    Too fucking right man. I hate Usher - Yeah! and OH so many other chart hits. Le sigh. :(

The Rasmus - In the Shadows especially >:(

And that fucking Mario Winnans song. And The Black Eyed Peas' new one. And Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl? Etc... :/
  • Options
    Re: Bandanas
    Originally posted by TheCymruKid
    ........around the wrist?

The new sweatbands I think, Ive started wearing one, i think its quite cool, but Im not sure if it'll take off.
    Had the piss take already, but as some of you know I dont care!

The only people ive seen with it on is Will Young and the guy from Maroon 5 in 'This Love' video, but im sure Becks must have worn one!:rolleyes:
    Doesn't matter where you wear one, they don't look good - they're just in fashion. Fashion is nothing to do with looking good, it's all about being fashionable. The two don't always go together. :)
    And just because a few celebrities are wearing them doesn't mean everybody should, or that you'll look cool with one on. If they started wearing dog poo on their heads I expect some people probably would too. :D
  • Options
    if you like wearing yours and you think it looks good then screw wat anyone else thinks/does. its up to you wat you do!
  • Options
    Who care's wot other people think? Do what you think looks good :) and ashley cole wears one :heart: lol.
  • Options
    bandanas remind me of hankies
  • Options
    i think you should keep wearing it! i like chunky things around boys wrists whether that be sweat bands or thick leather bracelets with metal detail on. i don't know why!
  • Options
    Yeah, I do like them! I go a couple of positive comments yesterday from a few people, thinking they look cool.
    Obviously I got the usual "what the fuck have you go on now" form the barman at the pub! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    He's so not.
  • Options
    isnt having a bandana in your back pocket a sign of gay sex? off the topic i know...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Foxxy_Cymru
    isnt having a bandana in your back pocket a sign of gay sex? off the topic i know...
    Yeah, it is (though it's coloured hankies). And different colours mean different things too.

I wonder what wearing a bandana on your head, or wrist (and which wrist), might be saying. :D
  • Options
    .................That Im a cool mutherfucker.

Unlike you. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheCymruKid
    Yeah, I do like them! I go a couple of positive comments yesterday from a few people, thinking they look cool.
    Obviously I got the usual "what the fuck have you go on now" form the barman at the pub! :D

cause your a fuckin idiot for following the latestfashion - being stylish and following fashions are completly different - if celebs were walking around with dog poo on their head wuld you follow it!?

come on and get ur on style dude
  • Options
    It isn't the latest fashion.
  • Options
    what? they're wearing dog poo on their heads?
    what type? is it dark? who's wearing it?

fuck off mate, do you think im like that?

What next people wearing shoes? Are you gonna copy them?

tosser.
  • Options
    I noticed my mate wearing a red and white bandana round his wrist the other day and it looked alright actually...I think as long as you can pull it off go for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Naff.

so is the word naff. *ahem* :p
  • Options
    I've actually considered doin this anyway off my own back before I'd even come to this site. Its been inspired by this piece of art from a project I watch over:

Syne

I've not seen any celebs wearin em so you got any links? I'm not gonna go blindly follow trends like most ppl I wanna see if my current fashion sense gels with this new thang. I already wear 2 sweat bands that are dyed to look like they really sweaty. One around my palm and one near my elbow diffo colours. Laugh if you want but I've been approuched wiv em on and the first thing that was said was 'love the sweat bands ... really go with your style ... '

Spose diffo trends go with diffo people's style. I'll have some pics for you guys soon anyway to show ya who Davy is :D

Both my usual clothes and me in a casual tux (minus the waist wrap and frilly shirt collar!)
  • Options
    Do what you want mate. Ive just come back from Gran canaria, and I had comments of how cool the bandana's look. People say its just a new thing, maybe it'll catch on maybe it wont. I just like wearing things around my wrists whether it be bandana's, sweatbands, watches, bracelets or leather cuffs. It does go with my whole style though.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Davy

One around my palm

Your palm? Doesn't that get in the way of you know like, picking things up?
    and one near my elbow diffo colours.

I'm not meaning this in a funny way, but are you gay? If not, I'd really stop wearing it there. According to like, every gay guy ever, wearing or sweatband there or having a hanky/etc. hanging from your back pocket is an easy way to spot other gay people.
  • Options
    Wearing a sweatband up by your elbow makes you look like a 50 Cent wanna be or something of the sort.

I like sweatbands etc on blokes - but around the wrist. I stop and laugh at people who wear them up by their elbow 'cause like, well, it looks crap.
  • Options
    when did plain good taste go out of the window :rolleyes:

just cause sumit in fashion dont mean it looks gud, sure some people can pull it of but everyone has their own look that suits them

people who r like "oooh whats the lastest fashion just make me laugh"