Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

To much

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is to much Mineral water like Buxton or evian un-healthy or can it damage your body in anyway.. I've lately got hooked to it and drinking alot of it aday.. so is there anything I should be carefull of?

Comments

• Options
    well what is it, 6-8 glasses a day, right? are you drinking more than that? unless you're drinking like 5 gallons of water a day i hightly doubt its harmfull.
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    well what is it, 6-8 glasses a day, right? are you drinking more than that? unless you're drinking like 5 gallons of water a day i hightly doubt its harmfull.

Alot more than that.. Today I've had about 7 500ml bottles but I only got up at 04.00pm
  • Options
    Since when has water been bad for you? Thats the stuff that cleans out all your organs and blood and all that stuff.

Is it just that you like the water or getting thirsty very easily? Plus do you piss a lot? Strange questions i know but it could be related to a health problem.
  • Options
  • Options
    Water isnt bad for you :no:
  • Options
    Ooh yeah you'd better stop drinking that water right now, we wouldn't want you hydrated now would we? tsk.
  • Options
    OMG. How clean must your kidney's be.

It is possible to over indulge, but usually the urinary system will take care of most of the problem. You've really got to go some to cause any real damage - in my understanding...
  • Options
    oh.. well I'm sorrrrrrrrrry for being concerned and checking.. I won't bother no more..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    You really know how to get on peoples tits. If you were to try and apply some common sense to your lifestyle, maybe you wouldn't.
  • Options
    Water's good for you, besides it only comes out the other end. Use your noggin. :p
  • Options
    Yeah but the thing is it contains potassium, magnesium

on the bottle it says 55mg of calcium,19mg of magnesium and 1mg of potassium and 34mg of sodium

and i drink about 7bottles min aday.. thats

385mg a day of calcium
    168mg of sodium
    133mg aday of magnesium
    7mg a day of potassium

now thats about
    2695 mg a week of calcum
    1176mg a week of sodium
    931mg a week of magnesium
    49mg a week of potassium

Plus alot more,

couldn't that be harmfull?

That was my only worry.. Sorry..

Also it says on the link spanner gave me that the reconmended intake is 2litres, now I'm drinking about double, maybe over double that aday...

I've heard that you can be over-hydrated before.. or that drinking to much water just passes through you and no nutriences from food is taken out as it's passed through with the water.. I don't know.. I was only asking..

EDITED :: Sorry I made a mistake.. they're the real figures
  • Options
    LOOK if you are concerned about it cut down. simple as that!
  • Options
    plenty of water is good for you but drinking to much can cause diarrhoea as your bodys trying to get rid off excess water, i dunno if this is true i remember ages ago someone said if you drink to much water for to long you can slowly drown yourself from the inside cos your body isn't getting rid off enough water cos your drinking lots, sorry if ive worried you but i aint gotta clue if that bit is true, has anyone else heard of that happening
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    LOOK if you are concerned about it cut down. simple as that!
    just what i was thinking.

i know in the heat you want to drink lots more and you should, but if you're really worried, like have an ice lolly or summit
  • Options
    too much can be bad...like if you are drinking 5L plus....but what i would be careful of is drinking water with a high sodium content because that can be bad....but otherwise i'm sure your fine.
  • Options
    That level of sodium is unlikely to cause you any serious concern, you'd get many times that level in a ready meal.

However, there is the issue of salt and other minerals, too much water washes you out, the body needs salt to function, if you wash your body out too much its not good for you.

However to get to this point you have to drink loads.
  • Options
    Do you feel thirsty all the time ? Feeling thirsty all the time is one of the signs for diabetes.

So for all you people taking the piss and having a go please ask questions before you start mouthing off.
    A new member could be reading this who drinks lots of fluid and not bother getting it checked out.

This is the health forum so can we stop pissing about and picking on members............Health is a serious topic so can we keep it that way.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    You really know how to get on peoples tits. If you were to try and apply some common sense to your lifestyle, maybe you wouldn't.
    peopel really get on your tits easily dont they? ha ha!
  • Options
    I used to be paranoid about getting dehydrated and so everytime I went to the toilet I would then drink about a pint of water. Needless to say this meant that I spent very much of my day on the toilet. I also used to get quite severe stomach upsets. I'm not sure if I've answered your question here Hellfire but that's the best I can do. Whilst water is not bad for you, it wouldn't do you any harm to get it checked out - you could always email the company!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Do you feel thirsty all the time ? Feeling thirsty all the time is one of the signs for diabetes.

So for all you people taking the piss and having a go please ask questions before you start mouthing off.
    A new member could be reading this who drinks lots of fluid and not bother getting it checked out.

This is the health forum so can we stop pissing about and picking on members............Health is a serious topic so can we keep it that way.

Thank you.

Yes.. I do feel thirsty alot.. and I drink because I feel thirsty.. but.. I don't know.. I drink while sitting at the computer and I don't even notice how much I drink untill I look.. yet I seem to want to drink more..

I might go to the docs thanks becky..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Hellfire

I might go to the docs thanks becky..

Might be a good idea.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Might be a good idea.

:) Thank you soo much:)
  • Options
    when you put in your post that you were "hooked" on it people have presumed, myself included, that you just really enjoyed it and thats the reason you are drinking so much. if you are drinking so much due to extreme thirst then you must get that checked out as it is the major sign of diabetes, i drank tons before i was diagnosed.
  • Options
    Drinking too much water can be bad for you. It upsets the osmotic pressure in your cells causing them to rupture. It happened to a guy who had severe toothache. He couldn't get to the dentist but found out that swilling water numbed the pain, so he did it constantly for 2-3 days. Ended up in hospital because he had swallowed so much water.
  • Options
    Is it becoming like an obsession or something tho-cus if so you wanna be careful! Dunno how you could drink so much, its bland!! Or maybe thats just cus I have nasty tap water round here!
  • Options
    You actually should drink at least 1.5 litres of water everyday. If you drink say 5 L then it can actually give you a headache and other symptoms similar to those of being drunk. It's just that the more you drink the thirstier you get, but in general, within moderate amounts (like just about everything else you eat/drink) is healthy.