Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Abercrombie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there any shops in the UK, preferably in the Manchester area, that sell Abercromie and Fitch clothes? ? Just been on the website and everything looks so nice and buyable - but the sizes are totally confusing me...!!

Comments

• Options
    don't trust the sizes. if you're gonna order online ask for actual measurements and compare to clothes that fit you well. i'm a UK 8, and have abercrombie jeans in a size 0 and 2. they're both on the loose side. but then i got a vest top in a size small, which was apparently size 2-4, and i couldn't get into it if i tried.

i have seen stuff in TK Maxx, and also in republic, but not the really nice stuff. your best bet is ebay. don't buy from UK sellers though, cause the bidding will go up to £40 - 50 for abercrombie jeans, while you can get them for £10-20 (including shipping) if you buy from a US seller. also in most of the auctions they give actual measurements, so you'll be able to tell if they fit.

i wouldn't buy off the abercrombie site either, cause their international shipping takes up to a month.
  • Options
    Yeah just had a look at shipping, all seems a bit dodgy and would take ages. I'll have a look on E-bay, cheers!
  • Options
    long long ago in my days of wearing A&F I thought that the sizes were all really acurate. But maybe they have only US sizes and they are different? Maybe there is a website somewhere that details what a size here and there would be. One thing though I always found the jeans and pants to come short :/
  • Options
    I dont think theres any official Abercrombie and Fitch shops in the U.K, I might be wrong though. As Kaff said, places like TK Maxx will sell the odd item, but not a whole great selection of stuff.
  • Options
    I bought a couple of Abercrombie t-shirts on Ebay, I think they were roughly £9 or so each. The ones in Republic, USC etc were selling for £25!! :eek2:
  • Options
    You get some Abercrombie & Fitch tee's from asos.com, you just need to be carful with the sizes. There not too expensive either, i got mine for bout £15.
  • Options
    Is it me or are there about three different chains in the US all selling clothes that look exactly the same as A&F?

my_name; you live there, you must know what I mean, the stuff is alright, but the people who wear it in the Mid West scare me, they all look the same, they are like some parody of themselves, wierdness.
  • Options
    oh my best mate at uni - he lived in utah for a year as he morman and heres he's like quite unique but he says over there he dont wear it too much as everyone wears it all the time
  • Options
    They make nice thongs for young children.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    They make nice thongs for young children.
    oh how tasteful lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Is it me or are there about three different chains in the US all selling clothes that look exactly the same as A&F?

my_name; you live there, you must know what I mean, the stuff is alright, but the people who wear it in the Mid West scare me, they all look the same, they are like some parody of themselves, wierdness.

very correct. american egale is another one exatly like it. People have really calmed down with it but I remember probably 4 years ago when *everybody* wore it. You were not cool, and more than likely poor if you did not wear it. And the colors are so bland and ugly. Everything seems to be some varation of the shade of brown. Theres yellow/brown, maroon, brown, gray, more yellow browns...
  • Options
    I know, I was in a mall over there about a year ago now and there was four shops in a row, all different names but with exactly the same clothes in them.

And you'd see whole crowds of kids who all looked exactly the same, it was like walking into some scary parody of a teenage movie.

I dont deal well with social situations like that, I tend to freak out and go all sideways. I had to kill at least three of them on the spot.