Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Eye brow waxing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever had it done? What is it like? How much is it do you know?

Comments

• Options
    I had it done about 1 - 2 weeks ago. I didn't find it painful at all. At first, it's a bit of a shock 'cause its a sensitive area, but you get used to it. They also talk you through the shape of your eyebrows - where the natural arch should be etc. (at least my lady did). And, after all that, it was only £4.50 :D

Definately worth it if you want a nice shape with a professional finish.
  • Options
    I always have my eyebrows waxed, can't stand plucking them.

It stings a bit, and you'll be a bit red afterwards, but it's hardly painful at all, more discomfort. It's nothing compared to waxing elsewhere. I do find that my eyes water though. :(

I used to pay £5 to have them done, and it took five-ten minutes, if that, which suited me fine. Then a few of weeks ago a friend of mine did them for me (she's training in beauty therapy, I don't randomly let people loose on my eyebrows!) and it took about 20 minutes, maybe even longer, and I could tell she was measuring the difference between my eyebrows properly, and following the natural arch properly and stuff. Cost less, and seems to have grown back even finer, so I don't think I'll be getting it done professionally again. :thumb:
  • Options
    I never pluck mine - I always have them waxed professionally.
    I used to have them done regularly at the Boots health and beauty section, until they went bust :( Cost me around £7 and it was amazing - didn't hurt, fuckin gorgeous shaping and it cleared up the psoriasis I have underneath my eyebrows...

I'd definitely recommend - in fact, I bought my best mate an eyebrow wax for her 17th Birthday, and she loved it!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    I bought my best mate an eyebrow wax for her 17th Birthday, and she loved it!!
    Really pushed the boat out on that one. Must of broke your piggy bank! :p

And yah, my eyes watered too. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Really pushed the boat out on that one. Must of broke your piggy bank! :p

And yah, my eyes watered too. :(
    Haha, Well, she did ask for it!! It wasn't my idea..

Oh, and I'm pluckin a guy mates monobrow the day before the prom too... and I'm getting photographic evidence of a before and after! I guess you could call me 'eyebrow obsessed' :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    I've done it about once a month for about two years now. It doesn't hurt one bit in my opinion. It's soo much easier and quicker than plucking.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    it cleared up the psoriasis I have underneath my eyebrows...

whats that?
  • Options
    Do you have to let them grow to a certain length before having them waxed? I pluck mine but I'd like to have them waxed, even if it's just to get a nice shape.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Do you have to let them grow to a certain length before having them waxed? I pluck mine but I'd like to have them waxed, even if it's just to get a nice shape.
    Ideally you need to have them a decent length. If you've just plucked them, theres not much point in getting them waxed 'cause you wont have anything to work with. Just let them get a bit 'overgrown'.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix

I just go when I think they need neatening up, they'll pluck any that aren't long enough to be waxed. I shouldn't worry about growing them into an overgrown bush style, unless you pluck them until they're pencil-line thin, in which case you're probably best leaving them to grow a bit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freak
    whats that?
    Psoriasis is a dry skin condition.. a bit like exczema (no idea how to spell that!)

Ilora x
  • Options
    I used to pluck mine but it is too painfull so that is why I wouldn't mind getting them waxed.
  • Options
    I'm awful at keeping them thin for ages so I get them waxed every three-four months as by that stage they are too bushy.

I pay between £4.50-7.50 depending on where I go. Some are better than others. I did go for an eyebrow shape at the local hair dressers recommended by mom-but it was awful-v painful and not as thorough. The wax almost feels nice when it goes on-just don't wear lotsa eye make up as it can make your eyes run! oh and apparently alot of people sneeze-the therapist told me it was due to the closeness of nerves-er dunno

anyway yes I would recommend it strongly! Its fab!
  • Options
    I have mine done, it hurts lil bit the first time, but you get used to it :)