Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

health rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
sorry to do this but i need to vent. im sick fuckin fed up with my diabetes. its all over the place. it seems to matter what i do my sugar levels are all over the place. ive been going to the hospital and i changed to a different insulin and it worked great for about a week and then it all goes belly up. im fed up with it. i dont get it. im watching what i eat too. arrrrrrrrrggggghhh, och ive just had enough of it. ive already got problems with my eyes caused by the diabetes and i dont want it to get worse and i dont want any other complications so im trying my best but nothing i do seems to work.
im just getting to thinking at times why bother, whats the point? oh its a big fat pain in the ass at times.

rant over!

feel free to rant away with me.

Comments

• Options
    poor you :( that sounds like a real pain. I hope you manage to get it stable and under control soon.
  • Options
    hey thanks for "listening".
    och im just letting it get to me, ill soon snap out of it. it can be so frustrating, always at the back of my mind though i know there is people much worse off.
    getting stressed about it doesnt help as that can affect the sugar levels so i must try to chill. a few wee voddies are in order me thinks :)
  • Options
    oh hun i know just how you feel. honestly, i'm trying so hard with my diabetes, yet like you say, the levels are just everywhere. nothing seems to help, and then i get depressed and binge eat which is NEVER a good thing, let alone for a diabetic! the optician told me something is happenin to my eyes as well and i know how awful that is.

but i've felt worse than this before and no doubt, wee wuman, that you've come through harder times in your past as well. so theres absolutely nothing to stop you from pulling thru this time. :D:D:D

if you ever want to talk about the diabetes with a fellow diabetic, just PM me.

Naz x
  • Options
    Emotional problems (stress and depression etc) also this strong sun heat can affect your sugar levels dramatically. The sin kinda evaporates your insulin quicker and your glucose so you can either go hyper or hypo its strange. Try to keep a close eye on your sugar levels and adjust your insulin accordingly.

Hope all goes well :)