Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Suntan Lotion.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just stop you burning or stop you tanning altogether?

Comments

• Options
    stops me burning..... but then my skin tans easily. I always use cream, and i'm pretty brown already!!
  • Options
    Well I have to use factor 25 or I will burn in minutes, but I still manage to go quite brown even with that high factor!
  • Options
    sunblock stops everything (in theory).

sunscreen just increases your skin's natural protection, but you will still burn if you stay out too long.
  • Options
    factor 65 for me please :D hehe
  • Options
    I usually use a high factor such as 25 or 30 if I'm going to be out in the sun for most of the day. It's just not worth the risk of getting burnt. I find that stops me tanning any further.
    If I fancy a tan, then I'll do it in small controlled bursts, such as short sessions in the sun, or on a sunbed, then use a high factor cream or sunblock when I'm out in the sun for any length of time.
  • Options
    Basically the higher the factor the sunlotion is the longer u can be exposed to the sun for. Remember thou to keep slapping it on as it gets rubbed off, washed of etc.;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Brummy Bird
    Basically the higher the factor the sunlotion is the longer u can be exposed to the sun for. Remember thou to keep slapping it on as it gets rubbed off, washed of etc.;)

That's what I always get told, but the longer I can stay out in the sun for what? Before I tan? Before I burn?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    That's what I always get told, but the longer I can stay out in the sun for what? Before I tan? Before I burn?

U will still tan at whatever factor you use. But the higher the factor the longer you can leave your skin exposed to the sun before it begins to burn. i.e you would have to keep slapping on factor 8 for example more times than u would have to slap on factor 25.

Basically you can stay out longer with a higher factor before you start to burn than with a lower factor. But whateva you use you have to keep putting more on regularly to prevent burning.:)
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you all for the replies. ;o