Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

armpit hairs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people i didnt no where to put this so i just thought it maybe should go here so here goes :

I have dark brown hair and when i shave ma arms pits it grows bac within a day which aa think cant be right lol i have no started tryin hair removal products but it doesnt seem to be taken all the hairs out and im leavin the cream on for about 10 mins at least and it just doesnt seem to be workin . I was wondering could this be because i have beenm usein a razor so much that the hair is quite thick and will need a while to get used to the hair removal cream to become thinner again or am i doing sumthing wrong please let me no as it is really starting to annoy me and i feel a can where sleavless tops thankz xx

Comments

• Options
    get them waxed. Never done it myself but imagine it wouldn't be THAT painful. Not that expensive i don't think, about £8 i'd say...
  • Options
    I have the same problem, i have to shave everyday. It bothers me a bit, but shaving everyday isnt that bad.
  • Options
    its normal, mine grows back quickly too, I generally shave everyday.
  • Options
  • Options
    You shouldn't be leaving hair removal cream on that long, as far as I can remember it states 5 minutes; not at least 10. Like someone else said, you could get them waxed. Other than that I'd stick to just shaving everyday or when you need to i.e. when you're wearing a sleeveless top. It doesn't take long really.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    its normal, mine grows back quickly too, I generally shave everyday.

Likewise.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    You could try some of that new Johnsons lotion that makes you hair finer to see if it makes any difference in how often you need to shave.

I've been using that for a while and it does make a difference.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I've been using that for a while and it does make a difference.

what does it do exactly? Just make hair regrow finer? Or can u put it on hair, and it becomes finer?!?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by natos
    what does it do exactly? Just make hair regrow finer? Or can u put it on hair, and it becomes finer?!?!

It makes it grow back finer so you put it on after you've shaved your legs etc. It does say in the small print though that you have to use it for about 6 weeks first, but it definately works.
  • Options
    one boring night, i sat for an hour and plucked all the hairs out my armpits :blush: used kick-ass Tweezerman tweezers so didn't hurt, but I haven't shaved for a year now, every couple of days, you just have to pluck a few and apart from that you have baby smooth armpits. The skin is dead smooth too as you're not irritating it by shaving :)

ok thats really weird isn't it:confused:
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOO it's not weird! I've done it too! Kinda a stress relief i reckon! It doesn't hurt either, except my head cos it's in an akward position!! Really thought i was the only person in the world who did it!! :hyper:
  • Options
    Pff....hair removal cream doesn't work for me neither lol. I have to shave everday..which sux 'cuz sometimes I get a rash. But yeah waxing should do the trick, I tbh just can't be bothered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy
    one boring night, i sat for an hour and plucked all the hairs out my armpits :blush: used kick-ass Tweezerman tweezers so didn't hurt, but I haven't shaved for a year now, every couple of days, you just have to pluck a few and apart from that you have baby smooth armpits. The skin is dead smooth too as you're not irritating it by shaving :)

ok thats really weird isn't it:confused:

sounds a bit painful to me! i think i'll stick to shaving. :o
  • Options
    Once as a lil teen I tried hair removal crea under my arms as I was gonna be at a festival-and even tho I had used it before, it left red marks underneath and hurt like hell!

I have to shave everyday under there but I'm gettin a bit lazy so now only do it like Lucifer devil said when I need to. I mean this is only a couple of days max -I;m not sprouting an underarm bush!!

Epilation could be used but I'd be too scared to try. I do use that on my legs along with a hairminimising lotion (St ives? i think) and its good as I only have to really shave every couple of days wher before legs were everyday shaving ritual!

Does anyone get ingrown hairs from shaving armpits? I do about once a week or so. Can it be prevented anyway or minimised?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo

Does anyone get ingrown hairs from shaving armpits? I do about once a week or so. Can it be prevented anyway or minimised? [/B]

They always say to exfoliate before shaving but i'm haven't tried it there.