Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Worried about a lump in my neck !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a stupid lump on the side of my neck..

It got quite big really at one point so I went to the doctors and she said she thought it was a gland (maybe a lynph gland?) and asked if I'd had spots on my head or something ?? Dunno if that rings a bell to anyone..

Anyhoo, she said it should go down in two weeks.. so slowly it went down and I was like yeehaw, but then as it was practially gone it feels like it's got bigger again, it's been four weeks now since I found it..

:(

Also - I had spots on my back when this lump appeared, I never get that and it was like 12 came overnight !

I had bad sunburn that weekend though, been peeling for three weeks, I also had a 2 1/2 hour tattoo on my back, not sure if these things can cause some infection like that ???

HELP !!

Comments

• Options
    a swolen lymph gland is not a particularly worying problem, if it changes colour, appearence or a drastic (not gradual) change in soze then it would be very worying. Probably isn't a sunburn. Always worth going back to a doctor to have your mind put at ease though
  • Options
    Yeah just weird because she said the gland would go in two weeks.. it's been four and over it's life it went quite big quick then small now medium lol.

I am going back, this week.. got to get a overall check anyway, and try find out why my bones are all so damn achey etc
  • Options
    if you are run down, under the weather. stressed (with a baby on the way!!!!) then your body just didnt heal itself well enough, so it came back. wouldnt worry too much
  • Options
    Cool, that's what I like to hear :thumb:

I can tell my girlfriend stfu now.. :lol:

• Options
    That lump never did quite go, it went really really small and stopped hurting.

Last two days it has started getting bigger and sore again :(

I'm so fucking sick of going to the doctors, I hate going, grr.
  • Options
    sounds like your gland playing up. they can get swollen and sore every time your body is put under pressure, like being burnt, or having a tattoo (which is essentially a wound).

it's possible it's due to something like glandular fever, but most people's glands will do it if they are hurt or ill. mine have been up for months cause of my chuffing tooth infection.
  • Options
    The gland at the top of my leg (ha ha, stop it! your not 5) swells like that every now and then.

My doctor has gone over it a few times and his view is that as long as I feel relatively fine then its probably just me producing a lot of bile.

Some people apparently have bodies that go ALL out to fight infection and this means lots of bile, I'm like that. Very billious.