Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

labour get a kicking!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what we all expected but is it realy true?
ladymuck reckoned labour fiddled the results ...wrong again!

Comments

• Options
    On the basis of voting in 300 key wards the BBC is projecting an equivalent national vote for the parties of Tories 38%, Lib Dems 30% and Labour 26%.

If correct it would be the first time a party in government has finished third in terms of national share of the vote in local elections.

Bonus :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    brilliant I say but they are now tyring to say that iraq dominated the results. crap did it.

To be honest I think it was iraq and the europhobes that caused Labour to get so little
  • Options
    I hope this "kicking" was a good firm goose step between the arse cheeks of the high and mighty.
  • Options
    I dunno bout that Lukesh i would say they has been some improvements under Labour, the NHS has certainly improved.

Generally local and European elections people dont vote for the party which has power and use it they vote as a protest over policies such as this time Iraq.

Come the General Elections i would expect Labour to remain in government but with a reduce majority.
  • Options
    i don't think labour will win a 3rd term, conservatives just might do it.

I cant see the Conservatives winning personally. Labour will probably win though i hope with a reduced majority so they dont take advantage of their majority like now
  • Options
    i don't think labour will win a 3rd term, conservatives just might do it.

I dont think that the conservatives will win. I think a lot of people have bad memories of the country under the conservatives. Also, I think Micheal Howard puts a lot of people off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    I dont think that the conservatives will win. I think a lot of people have bad memories of the country under the conservatives. Also, I think Micheal Howard puts a lot of people off.
    very long memories hopefully.
  • Options
    I'm a bit disappointed that the tory party got the biggest share really. They haven't done us any favours lately, and a lot of their policies are utter bollocks. lib dem would be better.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mist
    I'm a bit disappointed that the tory party got the biggest share really. They haven't done us any favours lately, and a lot of their policies are utter bollocks. lib dem would be better.

The Liberal Democrats were only about 6% behind the Conservatives. Anyway these Euro/Local elections cant really be used to give a massive indication of what will happen next general election. Remember Hague beat Labour in the last European Elections then got thrashed in the general election.
  • Options
    well Labour havn't sorted many of the problems out.

Problems the conservatives caused....
  • Options
    na, Tories would be better! The council elections just proove it.

Protest votes I am afraid
  • Options
    other than conservative party and its harccore supporters, everyone else had rescognised its a protest vote

am i the only person who voted on issues which the things im voting for have power over?

like the UKIP in the london assembly how can they withdraw from europe :confused:
  • Options
    typical labour acn't shut up about the 80's, it will eventually ware off.

If you havnt noticed the Conservatives messed up the 1990's. The EMU for example? And yeah Liberal votes were probably protest as well but we have seen that the Liberals can take results from both parties, like they did today. And by the way I am not a supporter of Labour.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    And by the way I am not a supporter of Labour.
    but i am. we all expected the kicking. i was very tempted to place a protest vote ...liberal or indie ...simply iraq and bush/blair. that fucking chokes me but ...
    in fifty years on this planet i see the best government we have had in those years.
    so ...knowing millions would protest, i decided to stick with labour to cushion the blow somewhat. in the hope that the party itself will rid us of blair.
    i still see him as very radical ...very sincere ...even visionary but ...to be fool enough to ride gunshot with bush was extrememly foolish. he has to go. to be hoodwinked by a fucking extreme right wing chimp and then not be able to find his way out ...not good enough.
  • Options
    And by the way I am not a supporter of Labour.

I will rephrase that actually. I am not a supporter of Blair. I would happily vote Labour if he wasnt the leader.
  • Options
    I will rephrase that actually. I am not a supporter of Blair. I would happily vote Labour if he wasnt the leader.
    good. thats the way it should be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    good. thats the way it should be.

Yeah, Labour would probably be who i would join when he goes. If i want to go into Politics it will have to be with them.
  • Options
    who would be better? 2 jags or Brown?

labour would be still the same.
    two jags is a very nice fat bloke ...he would make a cracking pub landlord ....
  • Options
    Yeah, Labour would probably be who i would join when he goes. If i want to go into Politics it will have to be with them.
    the voice of reason and common sense still shines in todays young people despite the ...me generation!
  • Options
    Conservatives aren't the only Rover drivers - I went to a UKIP meeting just to hear what they had to say (absolute rubbish), and apart from the car I went in with my friend, the whole car park looked like a Rover dealership!
  • Options
    Shocking these Rover drivers aint they! Should all be shot if you ask me :rolleyes: