Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Scottish Wind watch (and other single-issue parties)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As a follow-on to my post on the "who did you vote for" thread, I thought I'd investigate this party a bit more thoroughly.

On their website they say
"We have formed this organisation to take the fight to Save Scotland's Hills into the political arena. We will challenge head-on the ludicrous claims of the politicians who are peddling this obsolescent technology as the answer to global warming. If wind-power is the answer, somebody's asking the wrong question."

Consider the alternatives here. Do you want clean but ugly wind farms, or global-warming/acid rain creating fossil fuel powered power stations or radioactive waste creating nuclear power? Frankly I don't mind having my view spoiled (mind, I don't find wind farms that unattractive) if it means a bit less radioactive waste or nasty gases polluting our environment.

Link to website: http://www.saveourhills.org/swwframe.htm

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always think windfarms are quite attractive.

These people can't have it both ways, they condemn things like nuclear power but as soon as a viable alternative is found they complain that it's spoiling the view. We can't live in a wild unspoilt wilderness forever, things change.