Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how often can i cross my legs...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
without getting varicose vains! I find it extremely uncomfortale to sit with both feet on the floor!

Comments

• Options
    Health and Safety regulations say that best practice is that you shouldnt spend more than 30mins sitting at a computer at one go, get up, walk about a bit, stretch...etc.
  • Options
    Yeah i dont think theres like any huge risk, unless you sit in the same position for 24 hours :chin:
  • Options
    Re: how often can i cross my legs...
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    without getting varicose vains! I find it extremely uncomfortale to sit with both feet on the floor!

I never knew that could happen!!! I always cross my legs.
  • Options
    Vicky, you might also want to have a breif look at the Display Screen Regulations, they are quite extensive and give users of computers quite a lot of rights in regards to comfort.
  • Options
    i rarely cross my legs the girly way because it starts hurt me after 5-10 minutes. its as if i can feel my leg putting perssure on my other leg and then i get scared thinking im goin to get varicose veins. i'd just try gettin out of the habit if i was you.
  • Options
    Re: ...
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    how often can i cross my legs
    I find it extremely uncomfortale to sit with both feet on the floor!
    I could hold them open for you! And keep them off the floor by putting your feet over my shoulders! :naughty:

I never realised that crossing your legs could cause problems like that. That reminds me of a girl I used to work with who would sit for nearly the whole day with her legs crossed. I doubt if she knows the potential problems. :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Vicky, you might also want to have a breif look at the Display Screen Regulations, they are quite extensive and give users of computers quite a lot of rights in regards to comfort.
    Thanks, I will do!

It's at home and anywhere I sit too....I got rid of my pc chair at home and i have a wooden round one that swings, i'm sitting now with my legs crossed like we did in scholl assembly! Watching tv my legs will be curled up, even when i'm in a pub I get the urge! But now i'm just gona try and get out th habit like Lipsy said.

And Mr Wobble I doubt that would be helpful :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Vicky, you might find these links useful, lucky for you the health and safety manager at my work is an arse and shoves this kind of crap on us.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/offshore/offices.pdf

http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/vdubreaks.htm

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg36.pdf
  • Options
    Actually, Mods, I think those links might be a useful addition to your sticky somewhere if you dont have something like that. Just a thought.