Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girls - which deodorant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this should probably be in health, but I wasn't really sure.

I'm having troubles finding a good deodorant, I generally use spray ones and not a roll on 'cause I find roll on's a bit sticky.

So if anyone could recommend any they find particularly good, it'd be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I actually use dove stick & spray, always have found it to be good & smells nice too.
  • Options
    I use the pink Mum roll on. I did use the Superdrug's pink one for a while but it was shite... but my current one stays fresh all day. And I spray spray deodrant over the top, makes it dry faster :p
  • Options
    I use sure roll on normally.
  • Options
    vaseline intensive care aloe fresh. yum.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

see i use vaseline intensive care aloe fresh too. but i still get the occasional small wet mark from sweating. i shower regularly, and it doesn't smell or anything. just incase anyone thinks i stink. :(
  • Options
    Sure roll on :heart:
  • Options
    Yeah I use the Mum roll on one, I find that sprays don't really act as an effective anti-persperant as they come off too quickly, where as with roll ons they tend to stick for a lot longer. Roll ons are ok if you've got time to leave them to dry.
  • Options
    I find I put roll on, on then run around in my bra finishing getting ready to wait for it to dry before dressing my top half.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    I used to use that.

I've used Dove for sensitive skin for a while now, the roll on cream type thing. I really like it, its gentle on your skin, and I'm yet to have a problem with it.

I dont like sprays, they suffocate me.
  • Options
    Sanex are the only ones that don't give me a rash!
  • Options
    LancÔme Bocage roll on.
    I love it. One I've had from the start. Never felt the need to change. And when I use other deodorants I always feel "dirty", as they don't do as good a job.
  • Options
    Secret clear gell scented peach shimmer. it works and smells yummy.

i didn't even know they made spray deordant anymore :confused:
  • Options
    I use Dove roll on cause it doesn't sting if you use it right after shaving.
  • Options
    Re: Girls - which deodorant?
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    I know this should probably be in health, but I wasn't really sure.

I'm having troubles finding a good deodorant, I generally use spray ones and not a roll on 'cause I find roll on's a bit sticky.

So if anyone could recommend any they find particularly good, it'd be appreciated.
    Sure is the best out there
  • Options
    sure crystal - doesn't leave white marks either.
  • Options
    i use mitchum spray then use my ckone deodarant stick over the top.

the spray doesnt work too well if i'm totally honest!
  • Options
    cheers everyone. :D
  • Options
    I use Sure Crystal,
  • Options
    I use sure stick, but ive been getting a really bad rash with it recently :( ouchies :(
  • Options
    Sure is good as far as roll ons go but if you want a good spray deoderant then the adidas 'woman' range are good - some smell better than others however so be careful to get the nice smelling one ;-)
  • Options
    Actually I use the little Nivea one. Might be a bit expensive (I don't actually know, Mum pays for the essentials), but it's really good. And the one in my handbag is a lifesaver in this weather!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Actually I use the little Nivea one. Might be a bit expensive (I don't actually know, Mum pays for the essentials), but it's really good. And the one in my handbag is a lifesaver in this weather!

:yes: I have one of those for when I go to gigs, tis fantastisch!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    sure crystal - doesn't leave white marks either.
    just what i was about to say!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    And the one in my handbag is a lifesaver in this weather!

Which one do you use for in your handbag? I use Mitchum roll on, it's the only one that keeps the sweat patches away cos I'm quite a sweaty gal for some reason :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by **grunge gurl**
    Which one do you use for in your handbag?
    The little Nivea one.
  • Options
    I was gonna start a topic on this in health. I've been using Dove for ages, fine no probs but now in the hot weather, I can't even walk to the bus stop without getting sweat patches, its awful. I look so disgusting! I can't wear anything thats tight tshirt like as i get sweat patches and it has to be dark or it shows up even on vests! Its so embarrassing. It doesn't smell so its not a problem with the deodorant but but what can I do to stop the sweating!!!? please help! What are the strongest ones that you can use-that don't smell like a bloke or cost a tenner?
  • Options
    I use sure active response ... I used to use Dove but gave up on that.

Jowolvo... you can get deodrants that you put on at night to stop sweating they work for a few days at a time, maybe try Boots see if they sell it there. I cant remember the name of it though sorry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    I was gonna start a topic on this in health. I've been using Dove for ages, fine no probs but now in the hot weather, I can't even walk to the bus stop without getting sweat patches, its awful. I look so disgusting! I can't wear anything thats tight tshirt like as i get sweat patches and it has to be dark or it shows up even on vests! Its so embarrassing. It doesn't smell so its not a problem with the deodorant but but what can I do to stop the sweating!!!? please help! What are the strongest ones that you can use-that don't smell like a bloke or cost a tenner?
    Mitchum is the strong one I think. it doesnt cost much more than a normal one and they sell them at savers chemist. on the pack it says `so effective you could even skip a day`.

I just use whatevers on special offer and smells nice.
    ive also got one of those little nivea mini ones for my bag too.
  • Options
    i thought mitchum was amazing when i first used it - about 6 months ater and its barely noticeable that im wearing it.

i'm thinking i'll start trying guys anti-perspirants soon as they're supposed to work better!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fairywings

Jowolvo... you can get deodrants that you put on at night to stop sweating they work for a few days at a time, maybe try Boots see if they sell it there. I cant remember the name of it though sorry.

I use "Perspirex", you can get it from Boots and its about £7ish for a tiny bottle. When you see the size of the bottle you wonder if you're wasting your money but it does work!! You put it on at night and then wash it off in the mornings, it does sting quite a bit but after a few uses it usually stops. I think you have to put it on for two days when you first start or haven't used it in ages but you won't need to apply it again for a couple of days. The bottles small but it lasts for ages, i got mine months ago and theres still loads left! :)