Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a change (hair)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My current hair colour is a purpley/red colour (its purple in the dark but as soon as light hits it,its red!) but ive had it like this for well over a year now, and i want a change. Anyone got any suggestions? or websites they know? My natural hair colour is a very dark brown btw :)

Comments

• Options
    Go to Toni n Guy - have a consultation with one of the pro stylists - they'll tell you what would look great on you...

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon
    Go to Toni n Guy - have a consultation with one of the pro stylists - they'll tell you what would look great on you...

Ilora x
    I dunno why everyone raves about Toni and Guy. Okay, so they're a popular hair company and make some good products, but the actual salons don't have the top stylists or anything - Just your average stylist. My old work had far more talented stylists compared to Toni and Guy, which is why I turned them down and chose to work at my salon instead. Maybe thats just the Toni and Guy in my area though...

Anyway, back to the question. I definately think you should keep to a dark brown colour - Perhaps something very dark like Coffee or Coffee Chocolate. Rich colours like these make your hair look like it's in great condition as a pose to weak colours that make you hair look dull and boring. (If you book a consultation at your hairdressers, you can ask to see the colour chart and pick something out that you like).

Is it just the hair colour you want to change, or the style aswell?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy

Is it just the hair colour you want to change, or the style aswell?

Just the colour. Im re growing it atm, so i can have lots of layers in it. I think i'll go and see my hair dresser in a couple of weeks, yes. I want it doin nowww though, but i only had it dyed 3 weeks ago :( lol.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Im re growing it atm, so i can have lots of layers in it.
    Keep brushing it. It stimulates the scalp and helps it grow quicker. :yes:
  • Options

oooh, ok will do! :)

ive been told to take your advice about hair colour too... no guessing who by! lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    ive been told to take your advice about hair colour too... no guessing who by! lol
    Haha, ya both know I'm right ;)
  • Options

:O Really??!?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    I can imagine you with a few subtle electirc blue highlights in your hair or lowlights not sure what they are called.

lol someone else said that to me!
    Haha, ya both know I'm right ;)

lol yeah, he just wants me to go back to being brown, but im not convinced!
  • Options
    I think glossy, dark brown hair looks really nice, I'd agree with whoever it was said it makes it look more healthy and stuff. On the one hand I'd like hair like that but on the other hand I'd probably get bored quickly, I get lots of attention being blonde ;) TBH though, I thought your hair already was brown!

BTW, love the new AV! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    :O Really??!?!
    Yes. It doesn't like, suddenly grow an inch or anything, but it does help it grow quicker. :p
  • Options
    Well was talking to my mates last night, an they said i should keep the dark purple color, with no red. Then have red but through my hair, not in streaks though, in the way its like a streak through your hair :S
  • Options
    Originally posted by Groovaybaby
    I can imagine you with a few subtle electirc blue highlights in your hair or lowlights not sure what they are called.

I cant. :p

And purple is even worse! Natural hair is the best. Listen to me as my opinion hopefully counts the most.
  • Options
    Originally posted by curiouslad
    And purple is even worse! Natural hair is the best. Listen to me as my opinion hopefully counts the most.

I so agree, My sister has this vile obsession with having her under thing red, she looks so much better with it all blonde but she doesnt listen to me. I think some people can pull it off with a weird hair colour but others just look stupid. Stick to a natural looking colour girls. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    I so agree, My sister has this vile obsession with having her under thing red, she looks so much better with it all blonde but she doesnt listen to me. I think some people can pull it off with a weird hair colour but others just look stupid. Stick to a natural looking colour girls. :thumb:

I mean my ex girlfriend was really fit when she had her brown her. Then after we stopped goin out she dyed it a reddy purply colour. And she just isnt fit really. I always tell her to put it back to brown but oh no...