Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A Few Mushroom Questions...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. I've been interested in trying some magic mushrooms for quite some time and have ordered 30 grams of Fresh Mexican Cubensis Mushrooms. The four questions I have are...

a) I've read that a good starter's dose is about 10g. Is this accurate?

b) If I have a 10g dose how should I store the other 20g for about a week without them going off or having to make them illegal?

c) I'm a bit of a fitness and sports fanatic. Would use hinder my ability to go to the gym or play football and tennis the next day?

d) Following on from "c", would long term use effect my fitness?

In advance thanks for your time and help guys. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I ate 10 grams of fresh Mexicans on sunday and it was very good. I seem to react more to shrooms than a lot of people I know but it was a just right dose. Last time I had done them I did 25-30G of Thai and found it far too intense and overwhelming.

Was fine physically the next day, but in a weird sort of mood, not a bad one, just sort of relaxed and thoughtful.

ETA I don't think long term use is really possible. I have found that the effects of shrooms have been dulled a lot even if I've been taking pills the night before.
  • Options
    Fuck you're testing my memory about cubensis. I think 10 grams should be a fine starting out dose, may be a tad mild but if you don't want the full blown thing that'll be fine.

Not sure if they'll survive a week in the fridge, although they should be fine. You could put them in a bit of honey, that way they'll preserve longer.

You may be able to go play sports the next day, everyone's affected differently in terms of 'comedowns'. Personally I always feel really paranoid the day after 'shrooms and just drained of energy. You may be fine though, who knows.

Long term use may affect your health I'm not entirely sure, I presume it would. It's not really the type of drug you can do week in week out though, I doubt you'll do them too much so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Erowid has the most ridiculous amount of information on mushrooms if you are interested in taking a look......
  • Options
    My views;

a) - yes, 10g would be a good starting dose,

b) - the rest of them would be fine either in the fridge or freezer, although I dont know of anyone who has frozen them.

c) - the next day, greatly depends, I doubt you will feel 100% alert, the likelyhood is you'll just feel a little scatterbrained and a little tired. I'd leave the gym visit a couple of days.

d) - long term health, its unlikely to effect your physical health at all. You can not do mushies more than really once a week, they dont have any effect. However, as with any trip there could be an effect on your mental health. But this again is unlikely unless your going through something nasty now.

I hope you enjoy it.
  • Options
    I made a Mushroom cake and frooze it for a month and it was all still hunky dorry, might have lost a bit of potency but that may have been the cooking process im not sure...:confused:

Bopz