Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The coverage of Ronald Reagan's Funeral

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Am i the only one to think that it is getting to the point why it is just overkill?

Since he has died it has just been report and report and report on his funeral.

I know he was the president of the United States but we are not in the US why do we need to have all the details on his funeral?

Comments

• Options
    because theres nothing better i guess
  • Options
    Its either that or Euro 2004.
  • Options
    Because the cult of celebrity that characterises US presidents finds it necessary to turn the man into a myth.
  • Options
    I agree. Would they have as much coverage if Thatcher died?Would they cocoa!
  • Options
    Oh, I think you're wrong there. I think we're in for a week of absolute hell when the witch pops her clogs.

Better start building up your DVD collection because other than good old Channel 4 there'll be little else on TV for days on end.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Oh, I think you're wrong there. I think we're in for a week of absolute hell when the witch pops her clogs.

Better start building up your DVD collection because other than good old Channel 4 there'll be little else on TV for days on end.

I meant would the US have as much coverage then as we do now.
  • Options
    Oh I see. No, it'd have a quick mention in the 'news in brief' part of the programme.

I couldn't believe that BBC2 was transmitting the funeral live last night. Fucking insane.