Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

how long...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
*blank*

Comments

• Options
    Depends entirely on what you eat and when.
  • Options
    I know all the different parts of the digestive system it goes through and what each of them does (just done it at school) but I dunno how long it takes... Sorry.

Edit - I just searched it and found

"There is considerable variation between individuals. For example, the time food takes to move through the system can range from under 20 hours to over 100", so bongbudda's right.
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    I dont know, probably a few days at least. Have you swallowed a coin then?
  • Options
    One Of my friends swallowed a pound when he was a kid, and it came out like 5 hours later, because the body cant take anything from it, he had like a hour left before the doctors gave him laxative (Spellin?) to get it out :crazyeyes
  • Options
    How the hell can you swallow a pound? A 5p I can sort of understand but a pound is quite big.
  • Options
    He was only about five at the time, he also been known to be taken to hosp because he had a skittle in his ear, and then a jean button up his nose :rolleyes:
  • Options
    *blank*
  • Options
    I know someone who pulled a tiny bit of plactic out his ear that had been lodged since he was a kid!!!
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I know that it's faster for us vegetarians.
  • Options
    It entirely depends on the person really. I can't imagine how you accidentally might have swallowed a coin, but if you're still worried that you have, you should get down to see your doctor ASAP and get it checked out.
  • Options
    it is normally the same for everyone,whatever you ate for breakfast will come out the next morning at whatever time you poo,same with the coin,if you ate it at night it should come out the next night or around lunch the next day