Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lets-Bikini???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I thought about it, but nah.
  • Options
    Diet pills, drinks, bars whatever creep me out. Just get a damn tapeworm if you are that desperate to lose weight but to dumb to realize you have to eat healthy and exercise.
  • Options
    Thing is with them kinda diets, as soon as you stop, you put the weight straight back on again.

I think healthy eating plans are far more practical, as they're long-term, and are genuinely good for you.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by scytherchick
    Bit harsh there mate.

I'm not "desperate" to lose weight, I just wanted some opinions. I know healthy eating and exercise etc are the key, but during the summer some people just want to try new things.

:rolleyes:

I was not being harsh, buddy. I was stating my opinion on diet things. Just simply wondering why people would try things like that. Tapeworms are just as effective and probably just as safe. "May cause gas with oily discharge" gross, funny and yet a warning on diet pills that I have seen.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've been on almost every diet. ( ex- Hollywood 3 day diet, Beverly Hills Diet, Weight Watchers, Zone,South Beach, starve-yourself-diet) Like Young & Sexy said, once you are off the diet, all the weight comes right back. :( Yo-yo dieting slows down your metabolism which basically screws ya over in the long run. Healthy food and exercise is the best answer :thumb:
  • Options
    i have tried the slim fast thing before,if you are gonna do it i recommend the candy bars,i liked the chocolate peanuts one the best,kinda tastes like a reeses?
  • Options
    I need to put on weight :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I need to put on weight :(

me too :(

i was officially warned yesterday.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    me too :(

i was officially warned yesterday.

I have not had an official warning but i have a Body Mass Index of 17.9 or something :eek:
  • Options
    Have to agree that these sort of diets seem more like a quick fix rather than a work at it thing. Healthy eating and exercise are the harder but definitely more effective thing.
    The only bad side i found with losing weight was losing most of my boobs as well, pah we all pay a price eh :D
  • Options
    Re: Lets-Bikini???
    Originally posted by scytherchick
    Summer is nearly upon us, I was wondering is anyone else considering the "lets bikini" diet?
    Drop a dress size in 3 weeks? Sounds tempting really but all the Slim Fast stuff is expensive...Worth it for a quick fix?

http://www.lets-bikini.co.uk/letsbikiniplan

Ta :p
    This type of diet does more harm than good.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yay! you have all done my work for me. Healthy eating and exercise is the way forward :yes:

Why you shouldn't bother with fad diets

The truth about diet pills

Balanced diet

Getting fit

Susie :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I have not had an official warning but i have a Body Mass Index of 17.9 or something :eek:

I need to put on somewhere in the region of about 10kg, although my doctor doesnt seem too worried about it. I'm healthy and my weight is steady. He has said that I should try and eat a bit more though.
  • Options
    Why is there so much info available for people to lose weight but hardly anything for people wanting to put it on ?

I actually felt tempted to contact GMTV this week because for the last few years they have run this inch loss island thing where people get sent away to lose weight. They do all kinds of stuff with them from fitness training, eating plans etc yet they hardly ever do anything for under weight people................so why, why are we neglected ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I actually felt tempted to contact GMTV this week because for the last few years they have run this inch loss island thing where people get sent away to lose weight. They do all kinds of stuff with them from fitness training, eating plans etc yet they hardly ever do anything for under weight people................so why, why are we neglected ?

there was the one guy who was underweight on the fit farm. but he really wasn't that skinny, he just wanted to bulk up a bit.

and i have an official warning because i have a history of eating disorders, so they get a bit mental if i accidentally lose quite a bit of weight. my bmi's at 17.3 now, and if it drops below 17 she's going to 'take action'. i'm not entirely sure what action.
  • Options
    Strap you down and shove lard in you probably.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    there was the one guy who was underweight on the fit farm. but he really wasn't that skinny, he just wanted to bulk up a bit.

I must have missed that one, cant remember him. Either way though programmes are always made for people who need to lose weight, people who need to gain weight need help and advice as well.

hhhmm it seems as though your having a hard time yourself, hope you can sort it out.
  • Options
    I must have missed that one, cant remember him. Either way though programmes are always made for people who need to lose weight, people who need to gain weight need help and advice as well.
    True, and although I think it's equally important that theres more advice for under-weight people to help them gain weight, theres that whole palava about obesity at the moment i'nt there. (I suppose there always has been :/)
  • Options
    Following on from what Becky said...

why is it that so many people find weight insults about thin people acceptable when those about fat people aren't?

Calling somebody for example "fatso" would be considered really hurtful whereas calling somebody a "skinny bitch" is seen to be less so?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Following on from what Becky said...

why is it that so many people find weight insults about thin people acceptable when those about fat people aren't?

Calling somebody for example "fatso" would be considered really hurtful whereas calling somebody a "skinny bitch" is seen to be less so?
    'Cause skinny is what many young girls/women strive to be. Therefore, it seems less like an insult, and becomes a compliment. Sad, really.
  • Options
    Actually I seem to remember that when I put on a stone in Brazil all my Brazilian friends started complimenting me on how "fat" I was.

Even my (now ex)-boyfriend would comment on my fat gain. Until we explained that for English girls being called fat is an insult not a compliment... and from then on he kept assuring me that I wasn't fat. Bless him.

I think it's because in Brazil they associate super-skinny with poverty and curvy-figures with wealth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    'Cause skinny is what many young girls/women strive to be. Therefore, it seems less like an insult, and becomes a compliment. Sad, really.

and if only people realised that its no fun being skinny. Like on on occasion whn i was out with the girls and this fella i know said to me 'God your dead skinny arent you', that still lives with me and when im out i think people are looking at me thinking im dead skinny. So you people who long to be skinny its not all its cracked out to be, infact being skinny can give you total lack of confidence and feel paranoid at times.
  • Options
    and if only people realised that its no fun being skinny. Like on on occasion whn i was out with the girls and this fella i know said to me 'God your dead skinny arent you', that still lives with me and when im out i think people are looking at me thinking im dead skinny. So you people who long to be skinny its not all its cracked out to be, infact being skinny can give you total lack of confidence and feel paranoid at times.
    Yeh totally. Although, I don't long to be skinny, not at all. But I'd like to have a nicer figure. Anyway... :/
  • Options
    That was interesting about Brazil.

I guess the 'perfection' of human beauty is always what is slightly beyond the masses. If the society is poor and hungry then being slightly chubby means you are rich and powerful.

Now when the masses are large being slim shows you out to be slightly above those.

I guess it shows that human desire is changable.