Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Appetite seems to be fucked?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I've got a pretty big appetite problem.

Basically, I never feel hungry, and when I do eat, I can never finish off a whole meal. I always feel bloated when I eat, even if it's just toast in the morning, or if I haven't eaten all day, it hardly ever takes much to make me feel bloated then too.

I never used to be like this, I always used to eat a lot, but I've been getting by on less and less, and it begins to worry me a bit, even though my weight stays constant.

I get plenty exercise, I'm rarely ever ill and I don't drink that much.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Appetite seems to be fucked?
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Any ideas?
    Other than the usual - NHS Direct 0845 46 47 and your GP - it could be that as you eat less you need less to feel full so you'd just need to build it up gradually again. However, since you seem to feel unable to do so, your GP is the best option.

Sorry I have no real medical ideas.
  • Options
    the best thing to do is to see a GP, but to be honest it sounds as if your metabolic rate is changing. if it increases, then you burn food more quickly+so eat more, but if its slowing down then your body takes a while to digest your food. this could explain the bloated feeling you get after a small snack. Good luck, and dont worry, it doesnt sound very serious as your weight isnt changing dramatically :thumb:
  • Options
    I find I eat quite a bit less in the summer, most people do, its a biological instinct to store up fat for the winter months.

Loss of appitite is one of the (many) possible signs of depression. Have you noticed your sex drive going down too?