Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

remembering WW2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
from the recent post in immigration thread it appears people seem to have forgotten that people, millions died to acheieve a fair and democratic society in europe, and to win the war so that we wouldnt be praising 'the great saviour that was hitler for ridding europe of all its subhuman scum'

and it pisses me off that this xenophobic scum somehow forgets what this kind dislike of 'foreigners' and un-'normal' people can breed

rant over - i just think we should remember the past - just seeing the veterans faces shows that theres things theyve seen that theyd never tell anyone cause it was horrific theyve blocked it out

Comments

• Options
    People who oppose immigration don't realise that we might NEED increased immigration in the future since the population growth is stagnant and the workforce will FALL! :lol:
    You'd need the extra people to do the jobs!
  • Options
    and dont let this turn into a immigration thread specifically
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    and dont let this turn into a immigration thread
    not much chance of that ...
    i could start a thread in here titled ants and somehow certain people would manage to bring it round to ...
  • Options
    Back to the topic then. What of George W. Bush attempting to compare D-Day and WWII with his imperialistic adventures on Iraq?

What a sick, opportunistic pathetic little man! :mad:

*nothing like a bit of Bush-bashing to keep things on topic* ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Back to the topic then. What of George W. Bush attempting to compare D-Day and WWII with his imperialistic adventures on Iraq?

What a sick, opportunistic pathetic little man! :mad:

*nothing like a bit of Bush-bashing to keep things on topic* ;)

he did not do that did he? :mad:
  • Options
    He did I'm afraid. I'll try to find the link.

What could you expect from a surplus idiot like Bush anyway?
  • Options
    Gotta love those analogies which if made with any degree of intellectual honesty would be forced to admit that the agenda of present day US pre-emptive expansionistic warfare is rightly comparable to the very expansionistic designs held by a certain A.H. in WWII.

Of course, better to sanitise such niggling facts from one's rhetorical soundbites even if it was glaringly apparent to many who had the misfortune to listen to him speak.
  • Options
    Okay, I made a mistake. It wasn't the war on Iraq precisely he compared it with. But it was close enough: it was the 'war on terror'...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3771401.stm
  • Options
    Okay, I made a mistake. It wasn't the war on Iraq precisely he compared it with. But it was close enough: it was the 'war on terror'...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3771401.stm

the ****
  • Options
    I think the question is what we learn from WW2, what do we see as the point of it (in Europe at least)?

Was it....

a) Britain defending itself from invasion by foreigners?

b) a battle between democracy and tyranny?

c) A stand aganist the inhumanity and depravity of the holocaust?

d) A battle between the capitalist west and the more authoritarian econmics of the Axis?

e) A combo?

At aguess maybe those who are so anti-immigration probably emphasise a) over b) or c).........
  • Options
    Given that the holocaust was a later development in the war, it cannot be an original pretext for the war itself.

What this war represented more than anything was the end to Europe's affection for imperialistic expanisionistic war of aggression and the birth of more civilised mechanisms for conflict resolution (ala the UN). Sadly the current generation, having not suffered the terror, privation and utter destrutiveness of war on our own soil, is all too ready to sneer and deride the UN which our grandfathers and great grandfathers sacrificed, bled and died to make possible (and for it to make possible the very lasting peace which has allowed the US and Europe to advance both economically and politically for so long).

Now we return to the easily propagadnised and easily inflamed jingoism that gave rise to the World Wars in the first place.

Clearly we have learned nothing.
  • Options
    Couldn't you characterise all immigration like that though or is bad 'because it is illegal' the last and worst argument that anyone can employ....?
  • Options
    Abusing the country? In what way have you been abused, I haven't been abused?

And don't start on the fucking beneift scroungign bollocks.......
  • Options
    No, of course ther are some, pretty much the same proportion as out of anyother ethnic or racial group, care to dispute that, want to suggest that other races more likely to be rapists?

All these things you mention haapen in limited cases but you can't fucking tell at the immigration chech can you?

As I am sure you have been told the benefits received are miserable, most immigrants work, heard of the Chineses cockjle pickers?

i can't believe you can still fall for this crap........
  • Options
    Do you not think that immigrants might help the police? Are there know Asians in the police force?
  • Options
    What I am saying is that enough police come form the immigrant community to account for the extra crime from the criminal elemnts of the immigrnat communtiy...

This applies with all other services, even more so with the NHS, thus any argument about stretching the infrastructure is utter bollocks......
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    , as we don't have enough to deal with, with out them adding to it.

Yes you bloody well are, don't pretend you are not raising the issue of stretching srervices, I am not an idiot, I know how to look 4 posts back....:confused:
  • Options
    And the Immigration Borg assimilates yet another thread.

Resistance is indeed futile.
  • Options
    And the Immigration Borg assimilates yet another thread.

Resistance is indeed futile.

:lol: i do just :eek2: :crazyeyes :banghead: at how they always land up lukeish making points he states as facts when their obviously his opinion/imagination and constantly contradicts himself if he aint making a point that doesnt actually make any sense
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    why would immigrants be helping the police?

I'm well aware there are asian police. :confused:

Its like ra-i-in on your wedding day
    Its a free ride when you've already paid
    Its the good advice that you just didn't take
    Who would've thought... it figures

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I must point out that this thread was kind of about immigration anyway, so not that suprising lukesh is talking about immigration really..........
  • Options
    yeh i know but that was just an example of my rant, and of how we fought to stop facists from ruling us, and they know where these attitudes can lead, yet still choose to be overtly discriminative, simply because these are people from another country who arent exactly like us in terms of culture
  • Options
    If you look at hardcore racists, or pro-aryan groups, or whatever, you see how idiotic they are. I mean when you're out and about you never see intelligent people in business suits being racist, but everyone's probably seen a group of skin-headed youths shouting abuse at people with different heritages.

Maybe you shouldn't judge people on appearances - im sure there are racist businessmen and women, but to me it seems the people who haven't learnt tolerance and such from world war 2 and other conflicts are by-and-large people who don't learn much at all, school drop outs and such. Some people just don't learn.

I wouldn't necissarily say they are representative of society. I think that the anti-immigration feeling is spread by gossip-mongering by the tabloids. I used to think it was 'fact' that all immigrants were here for benefits, then you actually *think* about it, look at some of the cases where people have left behind their whole families (ie: serbia) and still get abuse here.

But some people you can't get the message through to, unfortunately. If we are to beleive Darwin's theory, then they are the 'weak link' - so their stupid genes aren't passed on. Who's going to want to go out with an idiotic racist bigot? Only another one. I guess we could have a spawn species of racists, but they'd barely manage to survive for themselves would they? :confused:

If you think I'm being harsh, look closely at a lot of poor estates; they have people who have grown up in squalor and then slept with another person on the same estate, then baby comes along. Then this baby follows the process etc etc. It's hard to break free unfortunately, because some have so much potential.

The gene pool will clean itself.. eventually.
  • Options
    Well it is quite ironic talking about eugneics with regards to white supremacists.....:eek:

I think you hit the ail on the head with regards to education, history in particular is maybe not emphasised enough as I beleieve it has a very important role to play in shaping peoples views and just giving them a good idea of why things are as they are and how they cam about.

i think that history should probably be compulsory at GCSE, if you stop learning history at 13/14 and never look at anything yourself much you are probably going to go through the rest of your life knowing next to nothing about it which is a shame really.......
  • Options
    The gene pool will clean itself.. eventually.

utter drivel or do you intnd not to have children
    I mean when you're out and about you never see intelligent people in business suits being racist, but everyone's probably seen a group of skin-headed youths shouting abuse at people with different heritages.

According to hte race relations industry they are being racist as they only emply ppl kike themselves , if you look at the demographic of the Square Mile, say
  • Options
    Nick Griffin? intelligent racist in a suit. Racism cuts across right acorss boundaries. There are racists wearing every form of clothing and colour. Oppose them all equally I say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    utter drivel or do you intnd not to have children

If you beleive in survival of the fittest, the most widely accepted scientific theory on how we evolve to who we are, then it does. If there are weak links - for example people prone to a disease that would make the human race weaker; a higher proportion of these will be afflicted and die before they have children so the gene with the succeptibility to this disease is wiped out or at least reduced.

I know I went overboard there :p but I was just saying that after time the ones left standing are the most able to survive, and in the multicultural environment we live racist people are not in as strong a position as we are. When you go for a job, say there is a black interviewer. Most people have no problem with this, a racist person may have a problem and not get the job.

It's just the way the world works, if you can't keep up then you are rubbed out of the human gene pool!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg

i think that history should probably be compulsory at GCSE, if you stop learning history at 13/14 and never look at anything yourself much you are probably going to go through the rest of your life knowing next to nothing about it which is a shame really.......

I didnt do GCSE history (medicine and the wild west, how boring!) and i am an avid reader of history. They can only teach particular things at school, especially at 14/15/16 and they can only teach it in a very limited fashion.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    If you beleive in survival of the fittest, the most widely accepted scientific theory on how we evolve to who we are, then it does. If there are weak links - for example people prone to a disease that would make the human race weaker; a higher proportion of these will be afflicted and die before they have children so the gene with the succeptibility to this disease is wiped out or at least reduced.

I know I went overboard there :p but I was just saying that after time the ones left standing are the most able to survive, and in the multicultural environment we live racist people are not in as strong a position as we are. When you go for a job, say there is a black interviewer. Most people have no problem with this, a racist person may have a problem and not get the job.

It's just the way the world works, if you can't keep up then you are rubbed out of the human gene pool!

So thats why we have hospitals is it? We cure people with hereditary diseases so they can just go forward and breed again. Natural selection was taken away from humans ages ago, IMO.
  • Options
    When you go for a job, say there is a black interviewer. Most people have no problem with this, a racist person may have a problem and not get the job.

Yes there is a lot of +ve discrimination and that yes, there could be a black interviewer, it doesn't mean there is some culling of 'racists' or should I say of ppl who maybe should be doing the interviewing