Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The pill and food!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Lately I've found that when I'm on the pill I'm 'grazing' throughout the day, eating a bit here and a bit there, pretty normally, but on my rest week when I'm not taking it my appetite disappears and I hardly eat anything. I have a history of eating disorders and I'm a bit worried it might cause me to relapse. I spoke to my GP and he said to wait and see what happens, but I wondered if anyone else finds that their appetite wavers when they're on/off the pill?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    when im on my 7day break my appetite decreases too
  • Options
    Re: The pill and food!!
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    I'm a bit worried it might cause me to relapse. I spoke to my GP and he said to wait and see what happens
    I would hate to be told "wait and see what happens".

It must be quite a scary time for you.
  • Options
    go back to ur gp+tell him u dont wana "wait and see" :mad: my appetite increases when im on my 7 day break, but i dont eat regular meals during the week, i graze like you. i constantly have the munchies :)
  • Options
    Yeah I think I will; but if variations in appetite are normal then it could just be a case of me regulating my intake and making sure I eat even if I'm not that hungry....