Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Don't Do Drugs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.priorywoods.middlesbrough.sch.uk/subject/pse/drugs/drugs.htm

I suppose that's one way of getting the message across... and probably one of the lamest things I've ever seen on the 'net!

Comments

• Options
    Well, explaining why people use drugs and the legality of them must be hard for special needs student teachers.

Good message, dont drink and do pills.
  • Options
    I wouldnt be able to do that, my computer skills are shit. I can type and thats about it really.
  • Options
    Think they should be applauded for it, at least they are seen trying to get the message across not to do drugs! Give them the credit for actually doing something
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    Think they should be applauded for it, at least they are seen trying to get the message across not to do drugs! Give them the credit for actually doing something

i took a dump this morning.. no one applauded...

..oh. didn't really realize until about 2 minutes in that those people are mentally challenged..

hmm.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rachie004
    shoosh you :p

you're not allowed an opinion.. jeez how many times have I told you :rolleyes:

^^^ (JOKE!)

ooh i see....

:p

dep : ..oh. didn't really realize until about 2 minutes in that those people are mentally challenged..

Yup, which again is why they should be applauded for trying.
  • Options
    A lame video but you cant expect anything else from them really seeing as they dont have a clue what their talking about.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    I think the purpose of the exercise was to educate *those* students about drugs, more than anyone else viewing the film who did not take part in its production.

Making a film was a way for the teacher to get these students to think creatively about how drugs affect people in general.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    I think the purpose of the exercise was to educate *those* students about drugs, more than anyone else viewing the film who did not take part in its production.

Making a film was a way for the teacher to get these students to think creatively about how drugs affect people in general.

Then hope that those students leartn from it :)
  • Options
    my mind just boggled!
  • Options
    Is that a joke or what?

Maybe talktofrank could use it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    A lame video but you cant expect anything else from them really seeing as they dont have a clue what their talking about.

Given that the some of the students obviously have down syndrome its hardly surprising that they cant grasp the finer points of neuro chemistry and the interactions between certain chemical compounds.

Obviously trying not to be patronising I would think the message Do Not Do Drugs is an entirely wise policy for them.

And I still think the message about not drinking and doing pills is very wise indeed. Just because you choose to ignore the dangers doesnt make them any less real.
  • Options
    I think that that lil flash vid thing was rather good.
    I think it was more aimed at the other people at their school since it was a school website it was taken from.
  • Options
    Exactly, yes it wasnt the most stunning piece of cinematography ever produced and granted the direction left a little to be desired but given situation I think they did rather well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Given that the some of the students obviously have down syndrome its hardly surprising that they cant grasp the finer points of neuro chemistry and the interactions between certain chemical compounds.

Obviously trying not to be patronising I would think the message Do Not Do Drugs is an entirely wise policy for them.

And I still think the message about not drinking and doing pills is very wise indeed. Just because you choose to ignore the dangers doesnt make them any less real.

Say if someone with downs syndrome took Ecstasy how do you think they would react on it?

I think years ago i knew this guy in work and i think he was downs syndrome or there was something else wrong i cant remember.... anyway he used to get pilled up quite often or at least so he claimed anyway! he sounded pretty genuine seemed to know what he was talking about and loved it.
  • Options
    It depends on the person, and given that I have little to no real understanding of down syndrome I dont know.

I would think that it would be confusing, especially if there were hallucingenic effects too.

However, they could well take it and enjoy it same as others.

This does of course present a somewhat troublesome ethical question in that should people with learning difficulties have the same rights as those without them.

Of course with simple things they should in terms of the normal human rights.

But, would it be ethical to sell someone with learning difficulties LSD even if you knew they wanted to take it?

I would say no.