Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Here it is again...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...But as we approach the summer, whats your style/look?

I'm into short skirts and blazers. Although, I still live in my jeans when its cold. Flip flops (Birkenstocks) and All Stars Converse all the way. As for sunglasses, those old US Policeman stylee ones. Still wearing the casual vest tops and litle tshirts too, they're so versatille - you can dress them up or down. And loving the bright colours - greens, lemons, pinks, and blues. And beads. Oh yes. Funkay baby. :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    flip flops or my duffs. No socks. Im going to be wearing shorts or my one pair of 3/4 lengths or summer. Those will be my billabongs, quicksilver and animal shorts. And quicksilver, billabong etc tshirts and vests.
  • Options
    Velcro dunlops/Flipflops (DC ones or birkenstocks) for my feet
    Jeans rolled up/3/4 lengths/knee length skirts/ surf shorts (for beach or bumming around purposes)
    Vest tops and shirts/ Normal tops /Shirts
    Trucker Hat :heart:
  • Options
    short skirts, vest tops, lil t-shirts, pale low slung jeans, flip flops, flat shoes/pumps, funky earrings, beads, bright colours, pink, yellow, lime, and most importantly - a tan. :D

god damn i love the summer.
  • Options
    whenever the summer comes round i get an urge to wear my shirt and tie with an old pair of baggy jeans i chopped off a bit below the knee....looks odd but i like it that way...

other than that, whatever stops me sweating.lol
  • Options
    I hate women who walk about in next to nothing in summer.

Nothing worse than some jumped up tart who think she looks fantastic, when in fact she just looks like the quintesential slapper.

What ever happened to the days when women were far less liberated, and they just stayed at home and cooked for their husbands? :razz:

Seriously though, it's the same type of whore who wears next to nothing that complain about men perving on them, and the anti-christ of what a woman should be.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

Seriously though, it's the same type of whore who wears next to nothing that complain about men perving on them, and the anti-christ of what a woman should be.

That's the kind of thing I should be disagreeing with... but-but I can't cause it's soo true ...damnit :mad:

ahh well - hard luck to the ladies that fit that description
  • Options
    As long as it's comfy & keeps me cool then i'm not bothered what I wear.

Being sweaty & having your clothes kling to you is not a nice thing:yuck:

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    this summer i will be living in low slung jeans, old jeans hacked up to make skirts, plain tees, short sleeved shirts, all stars, those vests with quite chunky straps, sheer jumpers, green, white, blue and black.

yum.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I hate women who walk about in next to nothing in summer.

Nothing worse than some jumped up tart who think she looks fantastic, when in fact she just looks like the quintesential slapper.

What ever happened to the days when women were far less liberated, and they just stayed at home and cooked for their husbands? :razz:

Agreed. I like the more sophisticated sexy look. Not the 'oh look at my legs, they will open easy look.'
  • Options
    Re: Here it is again...
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    ...But as we approach the summer, whats your style/look?
    I don't have style.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Here it is again...
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    I don't have style.
    Thanks for your contribution. It touched me.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Here it is again...
    Thanks for your contribution. It touched me.
    I'm glad. I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not on here. But either way it's true.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Here it is again...
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    I don't have style.

ditto. my summer style consists exatly of what it consisted of in winter, fall, spring... jeans, t-shirt and my leather jacket or zip up hoodie.
  • Options
    i usually wear shorts and tshirt, or vest top,
  • Options
    Feet : white strap wedges with the woven heels (I love pretending to be tall!)

Legs : mid-length denim/white skirt, white linen trousers (LOVE 'em!) or pale, low slung jeans with a great belt

Top : dusky pinks, olive greens, white, bright colours, strappy tops, floppy, slightly too-big T shirts and little fitted jumpers

My aviator sunglasses/skinny pale sunnies

And of course a kick-ass pair of dangly earrings! Can't wear studs, or at least I can but you can't see 'em cos of my big curly hair, so I have tons of chandelier-style earrings and drop stones etc. (Don't worry, no Pat Butcher style ones, just.... ones that are visible!!):lol:
  • Options
    i guess the only thing that'll change about my style for summer is there will be no tights with the skirts and no suit jacket with the t-shirts.

otherwise, same as normal, jeans/trousers with an oversized white tshirt with something printed on.

i don't much like summer clothes
  • Options
    This summer I will be mostly wearing, smart black trousers, smart leather shoes, a white shirt and a tie. Because unlike most of you bums I have a job.
  • Options
    Or maybe, bongbudda, you just have a more boring job than the rest of us bums.....?! ;):p
  • Options
    Shit, you might be right, oh well, but I can still take comfort in my big fat pay check and my easy work hours.
  • Options
    Shoes wise, flipflops, shoes with a kitten heel on and my trainee's.
    Top wise, vest tops, low cut tops, strapless, strappy tops, the usual summer things!
    Bottom wise, Denim skirts, a few lineny type long skirts, cut off jeans, shorts.

:heart: summer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Shit, you might be right, oh well, but I can still take comfort in my big fat pay check and my easy work hours.

Ah, you got me on that one! I'm working 3 jobs this summer and only letting myself have the pay from one of them, so I guess you get the better deal! Uncomfortable clothes but lotsa money......*sigh*!
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    This summer I will be mostly wearing, smart black trousers, smart leather shoes, a white shirt and a tie. Because unlike most of you bums I have a job.

:o

I have a job. :p

Okay, so it's part time but I get to wear a lovely blue checked shirt and a navy skirt. :D
  • Options
    It was more said out of bitterness than anything else, I dont like wearing a tie, and my pay packet isnt that big, its only 5 figures a month.
  • Options
    i have a job too!

(now)

but i don't have a uniform, just a dress code, and it's not that strict. just smart/casual - no jeans, no trainers.
  • Options
    my summer style usually consists of fitted T's with a funkky print on it (Diesel have a wicked range of T's this summer-for guys anyway) with slightly baggy jeans with those hip chain things :confused: and a trucker hat.
    And before anyone even says anything NO I AM NOT GAY!!
  • Options
    It's not quite warm enough here for shorts, so slighty baggy jeans covering my Puma's, fitted funkay t-shirts (of verious designs and colour's) and i might buy myself a suit jacket. Doubt it though, 'cause of the fact that every bastard and his dog has one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    i might buy myself a suit jacket. Doubt it though, 'cause of the fact that every bastard and his dog has one.
    Get one and wear it on the 6th of July :heart:

:p
  • Options
    Get one and wear it on the 6th of July :heart:

:p

:(

But it'd look far too......"I'm a wannbe alternative pop icon muthafucka!" for my liking.

But if I must...
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    :(

But it'd look far too......"I'm a wannbe alternative pop icon muthafucka!" for my liking.

But if I must...
    Okaaay, don't. You still better look sexxeh though. :(

ETA: Are you saying i look far too......"I'm a wannbe alternative pop icon muthafucka!" ?
  • Options
    Okaaay, don't. You still better look sexxeh though. :(

I'll try my best :(
    ETA: Are you saying i look far too......"I'm a wannbe alternative pop icon muthafucka!" ?

No, 'cause you're a chick :razz: