Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

body image bosters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i feel awful about myself, and i think i'm missing something big about the way i look. i'm not amazingly gothic, i'm a hippy half of the time. but how can i boost my confedence(sp?) ? i never feel sexy or cool, so what can i do?

help!

Luby

Comments

• Options
    pamper. yay!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    pamper. yay!

tips please
  • Options
    Originally posted by luby
    tips please
    Buy some really nice underwear.

Get fitted properly and buy something really special.

Not for a bloke, not for your image but just for yourself.

I generally dress pretty badly and make no effort with my appearance nowadays but at the end of the day knowing that my underwear is fantastic makes me feel a bit better.

I rarely buy new clothes. I would resent paying for a top for a night out. But with underwear its different. For me anyway. But then again I do have very strange spending habits.
  • Options
    Hint: Goth doesn't = sexy or cool.
  • Options
    i agree with what random said, panties are great :D my every day style is a baggy tshirt and jeans but i always get that little boost of sexiness when i put on cute panties.

other small things too, like doing your nails. not even painting or anything with them, just filing them and smothing the tops out.

or buying a masque or some other home spa type things.

i find that those are really nice to make you feel prettier and stuff. and also very cheap.

but like once you do something, look at it in the mirror and see just how nice the thing is you have done, and keep that in your head all day. or really, just find one thing that you find sexy about yourself and concentrate on that for a start at realizing your beauty.
  • Options
    Be healthy. I know it sounds really silly, but it's true. I can buy 10,000 new bras, put on my nicest clothes and cake my face in make-up, and still feel horrific sometimes. What makes me feel really good is waking up after a good night's sleep, eating healthily and feeling like I'm glowing from the inside not the outside. Honest. I know I sound like a weird hippy, but that's what makes me feel better about the way I look!
  • Options
    like others have said, i feel sexi wen i knwo i have cute/lacy/sexi pants on...i dunno why but i do.
    i also agree with the being healthy, and go out in the sun, or go for a walk or a jog, that always makes me feel better :)
  • Options
    drink lots of water. sounds stupid but it makes you feel loads better.

the thing i do is find a style that suits me (at the minute its miniskirts, home-transferred t-shirts and a suit jacket) and stick with it, if it works why bother changing it right?

another thing is keeping your hair in good nick. if you've got the hair down, the rest just happens!
  • Options
    Definately agree with the healthy thing. You don't even have to be excessive, just drink plenty of water, have a nice fresh shower in the morning etc. Try getting some facemasks - you can get sachets for only 99p in SuperDrug. Applying one of those will help your skin feel fresh and clean. Like my_name said, why not pay a little attention to your nails, just shape them nicely, doesnt take 10 minutes. And also, treat yourself to something new, whether it be a new top, new underwear, or even just a new lipgloss - Wearing that new item will make you want to show it off!
  • Options
    Lose any extra weight you've gained over the past year. I've lost 11lb in 5 weeks and feel FANTASTIC (even tho I'm not smaller than I was 4 months ago)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kath2003
    Lose any extra weight you've gained over the past year. I've lost 11lb in 5 weeks and feel FANTASTIC (even tho I'm not smaller than I was 4 months ago)
    umm she's like 15, it's generally not a good idea to be dieting and stuff at her age.
  • Options
    From this and other posts I've read of yours, I don't think the way you look is the source of your feeling awful about yourself. Dr Butterflykisses' diagnosis is severe need of a happy boost!

I suggets you get a load of friends round, go shopping in the afternoon and buy yourself a really great top or pair of earrings that you love (shoes always do it for me), then go back to someone's house, watch movies, eat tons of ice cream, smear face gunk all over your faces and generally have a laugh! And wear great knickers too!! :D

G'luck sweetie! ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    From this and other posts I've read of yours, I don't think the way you look is the source of your feeling awful about yourself. Dr Butterflykisses' diagnosis is severe need of a happy boost!

I suggets you get a load of friends round, go shopping in the afternoon and buy yourself a really great top or pair of earrings that you love (shoes always do it for me), then go back to someone's house, watch movies, eat tons of ice cream, smear face gunk all over your faces and generally have a laugh! And wear great knickers too!! :D

G'luck sweetie! ;)

thanks.

i'm gonna go do that today, exsept on my lonesome as my mates are miles and miles away....
  • Options
    Ah sugar, there must be someone you can have a girly day with - doing it on your own will only make you 'lonesome', and make you feel worse!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Butterflykisses
    Ah sugar, there must be someone you can have a girly day with - doing it on your own will only make you 'lonesome', and make you feel worse!!

nope, i live 60 km from my mates and don't know anyone round here so no...:(