Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sunbeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondering how much the average session is? How much for how long etc?

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Normally fairly cheap (not that I use them off course).

I'd go down to your local one and ask.
  • Options
    At my tanning salon, it depends which bed you want to go in. However many bulbs the bed has, is what we range our prices on. It ranges from $5 up to $25 for one time. But then again, it is probably alot different in the UK
  • Options
    I usually spend about $20 for a double orbit session which lasts about 20 minutes, I also usually add on the +5 Infrared enhancer too which means you come out a beetroot colour that fades to a much darker tan in an hour or so... :)
  • Options
    well im going on them for my first time this afternoon, to get a base tan for my holiday, and here are the prices im paying:

* 160 watt sunshower (which is like a small room that surrounds you, covered in strip lights) - £1 for 3 minutes

* 160 watt sunbed - £1 for 4 minutes

* 200 watt sunshower - £1.50 for 3 minutes

* 200 watt sunbed - £1 for 3 minutes

I think this is an average kinda price, but im going to this one bcos they gave me a tour round+they seemed to really know what they were on about. it was also very hygienic, as you can clean the beds b4 you use them, and they are cleaned by staff after every use!!

At this tanning salon you can also buy creams which cool your skin+bring the malanin to the surface of your skin - meaning you'll tan quicker+easier+it'll last longer!!

They also explained to me about how you start off on the low watt sun showerd+gradually increase your minutes, then wattage!!
  • Options
    Never knew it was that cheap, sounds good though I'll check it out. Thanks for all the info.